Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 10-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Platinium Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIK3
thick quinking
ROTFLMAO!

of course i will not refrain from adding my input as usual; i dont think anyone and everyone should go around discussing hacking, but i have to say that any who is seriously going to hack something is not likely going to be lokkig for help. i mean its not the easiest thing in the world to do. you have to be fluent in programming languages, firewall types, network types, access methods, general networking, scripting, i mean there is alot of knowledge that goes into hacking. the simple assumption that any small amount of advice given out in a post or thread could facilitate some large scale act of vandalism or any act of crime is sort of well... dumb.

however there is of course that line, but who knows where it is? i dont think we should be telling people how to wardrive and whatnot, but i think someone with a large enough knowledge base to hack and do some damage, is probably smart enough not to do it. There was of course the library of congress. i mean, look at HL2 source. that guy hardly hacked, he used keyloggers and a known security bug in outlook. which brings up a point, i do agree things like the outlook bug should not be discussed, because people can do some damage with that without a knowing a ton.

i agree somethings shouldn't be discussed, but how many people on techware caould actually tell someone how to do some real damage? i know there are a few, but ive never heard any of them give out info. and hell, ive asked some relatively controversial questions in the past myself.

i do have to admit tho, and ill venture to say pro will agree with me, it is fun trying to get around school censoring and security measures. >
Old 10-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

I think that wardriving should be legal.. it'll get these noobs to secure their networks.. and if they don't.. i'll just keep using em..
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 03-31-2005, 07:18 PM
MrIncoming

Eh... wardriving?

Anyway, How can I learn to hack?
Old 03-31-2005, 08:52 PM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

n1 mr. antangonist
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 07-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Golden Techie

Send a message via AIM to Napster

Most of the new people on this forum want to hack programs like AIM and other Email clients to know stuff about stalkers, or be the stalker themselves. Countless cases of people asking for flaws in the system just to spy on friends or feel the "rush" of excitement reading their gf's email.

If you want to do some serious damage extensive programming knowledge and network knowledge is required. Most people want a quick fix to their problems. They'll be spending months trying to figure out how to hack their gf's yahoo account and by that time she probably will have dumped them anyways.

My suggestions: Learn Comp Sci. and take an ethics class.