Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > General Board

Old 06-13-2002, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Everybodys favorite car!!!

Make sure that it is a Mustang Cobra R, $55,449!!!  Not bad for a car that does 0-60 in 4.3!!!  Might i ad a nice 385 hp V8, 4.6L ( although ford should have stayed w/ there nice 5.0's)
Old 06-13-2002, 02:34 AM
Bear

How about the ugly looking Doge Vipers ?
Saw them on TV yesterday racing in the GT class
700 horse powers and ugly  ;D
Old 06-13-2002, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Vipers are stupid...they just tried to put gobs and gobs of power by using a modified HD truck engine and puttin it into a car. Didn't work. Beats the Vette, sure, but I know of a "family sedan" that can beat the RT10's (0 - 60 in 4.. The GTS and GTS R are faster than that @ 4.3, but they are trying to get around engineering. That is why a V8 (that's is less than half of the size of that 8L engine in the Viper) is placed in a well-engineered car, the Lotus Esprit (pronounced eh - spree, not e spirit), and kicks the crap out of any of the Vipers at the price of the RT10!!! And it is a whole lot more exotic too!!!
Old 06-13-2002, 03:36 AM

Ah, but would the poor man go after over priced exotic car or nicely tuned power machine, for much less!  Man if u could tell me a "family seday" that could go 0-60 in less then 4.0 seconds , please tell me, cuz i will get my but up right now and go buy it!!! Well they aint that bad to tell ya the truth!  Not bad at all!  Yeah i think that the new look for the snake car is pretty vicious too.  But it beats the pants off the older look, expecially the crappy '93.  I certainly would take it, but a bit to pricey...heck what am i talking about pricey, im the one posting Ferraris everywhere!!! Also known as the "Hyper Viper" it comes w/ about 500 HP, its called the "Hyper"-Dodge Viper SRT-10.
This pretty car does 0-60 in 4.0 sec, comes w/ an 8.3L  V-10, and nicely priced at around $73,000! clocked at over 195 mph, thats pretty good for a 70 grand car!!! Also, it did the 1/4 mile in 12 flat, not bad at all!  But it is a heavy 3400 lbs, so that would definantley put drag on it!!! There is also an 833 Viper out, but thats a review for another day!!! Well not to sound like a spokes person, but i kinda like the car, it gives Doge a whole new attitude!   Tell me this aint a pretty car!
Old 06-13-2002, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Did you know that that Modena up in the first post had its aerodynamics actually designed by their F1 engineers? It has one of the lowest drag coefficients to date, only surpassed by a handful of cars, including the "banana car" which I believe was created in the 80's by either GM or Chrysler which was tied for first. And you guessed it, it was shaped like a banana.
Old 06-13-2002, 09:32 AM
rhinocerology

[quote author=bear link=board=general&num=1023649726&start=0#11 date=06/13/02 at 02:34:16]
How about the ugly looking Doge Vipers ?
Saw them on TV yesterday racing in the GT class
700 horse powers and ugly  ;D
[/quote]
Wtf are u talking about? the Dodge Viper is a beautiful machine sure the rt 10 is wrong (don't like convertables except for Honda S2000) u've got too be kidding me that u think it's ugly? U must be partially blind or something cause it's beautiful!!
Old 06-13-2002, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe

Right here baby...

2002 Eclipse GT ST
Old 06-13-2002, 04:37 PM

If you guys wanna talk about convertables, refer to the first post of this thread...its cousin the F1 Spider is probably one of the best and fasted convertables on the planet!  Although its priced at $229,000, i think that its worth it!! NoW ThAt Is A CoNvErTaBlE!!!
Old 06-13-2002, 05:15 PM
Propig

I am in love
http://www.us.jaguar.com/Default.asp?Levels=2231

But .... I drive a truck - F150 SuperCrew. I make the boys heads turn as I go by. At first I thought it was me, but low and behold it was the truck.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:20 PM

Yeah im guessing that it is kinda both in that case! Im sure that that truck is pretty nice, i like them as well...but if ur into the XK versions of the pretty jags, might i suggest a pretty looking car...i think that u would like this as well...this XKR is almost identical to the XK8, but comes with much higher performance!  Tell me if u dont like this one....