Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 07-17-2001, 11:50 AM
lynchmob

Default Anyone seeking careers in tech?

I was just wondering if anyone could provide some feedback to me.  I work for a company that provides information utilized by most placement services and staffing firms in the high tech industry in California.  These firms charge people up to 35% of their first year's income for successful placement.  People need these agencies because these companies are NOT easy to find and/or contact!  Here's my question....why would those seeking tech careers not respond to an ad that allows them to obtain the same information for only 80 bucks!?
We have been doing this for over 10 years and we're extremely popular at career fairs, high tech fests, and college campuses.  Any feedback would be great! (I've even offered to give NETSMOG folks 10% off this already nominally priced information service!)
Old 07-18-2001, 12:18 PM
SinnopS

Default Re: Anyone seeking careers in tech?

Ah, what exactly is your question here? it sounds like a good service, if kinda overcharging the  people, but if its only for one year then its not TOO bad. but if you make 40k at a job then take out takes and then the 35% or so, they arnt gonna brign home much money at all. less than 20k. that would not make me happy. but your company has to make money some how.

i would probaly go throu you gys, but living in New Hampshire could prove to be quite the daily comute
Old 07-20-2001, 11:57 AM
lynchmob

Actually, our information costs only $79.95!!  I personally give college students and anyone who comes from NETSMOG 10% off of that!  As you can see, this is a LOT cheaper than paying a percentage of your income to a firm that can successfully place you....and they use our information to do it!!!
Old 07-27-2001, 01:18 PM
awesomedell

Your's sounds like a great service for those out in the land of nuts, (sorry been there twice & had two bad experiences, so I'm not a Calf fan at all)  What about the rest of the country?  Anyway to help out folks in the mid-west?
Old 07-27-2001, 01:26 PM
lynchmob

I am from the midwest (IOWA) and there are some resources available to those sekking a career in the high-tech or bioscience industry in the midwest.  Which State are you interested in?  Although my company does not publish the midwest, I have a lot of connection to resources that do!  Let me know your exact nneds, ok?