Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 06-09-2001, 05:46 PM
Locutus

Default FTP probs. with win2K

I have recently gotten DSL service in my small town. I have win2K on one system and win ME on another. I attempted to network the computers (incorrectly I found out) by using a linksys hub (no uplink). Ran cat5 patch from each system to the hub and cat5 crossover from hub to modem. While the main system (win2K) had connection the other did not. I put everything back to original (win2K  directly to modem with cat5 patch). As far as I know I no settings were changed in win2k machine however myself nor anyone from the internet can get completely logged in to my ftp server. Everyone gets as far as socket connected, waiting for welcome message and no farther. I have un and re installed ftp server (G6), tried different server (ServU), ripped and rebuilt tcp/ip. used msie, cuteftp, and ftpvoyager to try to log in. Nothing works. I have also set the server up on different ports to rule out port lock.  Does anyone have any ideas what settings in win2K changed?
Old 07-04-2001, 11:59 PM
DaemonX

Default Re: FTP probs. with win2K

in the security tag of the IIS5 (the built-in with win2000) you have to change a key that says:

LEAVE IIS TO ADMIN THE PASSWORD TO CONNECT (or something similar).

It's a checkbox that appear checked. Just uncheck this and try to connect. Also realize if you can go in and out thru your adsl router (remember...router works as semi-fw and a route doen't allow see traffic behind itself).

Test if opening port 20 and 21 (ftp data and info connection) you can open an ftp session.

if not reply this mail.

Bye and Good Luck!

DaemonX