D-Link Launches Unified Home Wi-Fi Network Kit with
Adaptive Roaming Technology
Receiving the CES Innovations 2016 Design and Engineering Honoree
Award, Router-Extender Kit Designed To P
rovide Optimal Bandwidth to Entire Home
INTERNATIONAL CES, LAS VEGAS – Jan. 5, 2016 – D-Link today announced the Unified Home Wi-Fi Network Kit with Adaptive Roaming Technology (DKT-891), a router-extender kit designed to address the need for full home wireless coverage while at the same time providing intelligent adaptive roaming technologies to dynamically connect devices to the best available Wi-Fi signal for optimal bandwidth.
As more wireless devices are being used throughout the home with high bandwidth applications, such as streaming HD video and online gaming on multiple devices simultaneously, users need a home network that can keep up with their demands. The Unified Home Wi-Fi Network Kit uses intelligent adaptive roaming technology, meaning connected devices will automatically hop between the router and extender based on which connection will provide the best performance, allowing users to move throughout the home without having to configure or worry whether they’re getting the best connection and performance from their network.
“The Unified Home Wi-Fi Network Kit takes the complexity out of managing the performance of the home wireless network,” said Ken Loyd, Director of Product Marketing, D-Link. “As more mobile devices connect, and more HD streams and games are played, users need an adaptive network that provides optimal bandwidth without requiring complex knowledge and constant maintenance.”
For added performance, the router incorporates the latest multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology2 that enables simultaneous transmission to groups of clients, almost as if each device has a designated router, making more efficient use of available Wi-Fi network capacity and speeding up transmissions. Features such as MU-MIMO, along with Tri-Band Wi-Fi (one 2.4GHz band and two 5GHz bands), are especially beneficial in home networks where the whole family is connected to the internet simultaneously, allowing for HD streaming and online gaming while still providing speeds up to 3x faster than traditional Wi-Fi networks.
More about the Unified Home Wi-Fi Network Kit:
- Smart Steering: Devices automatically connect to the router and range extender depending on which networking device provides the optimal Wi-Fi signal
- 11AC Wireless Speeds1:
- AC4300 Tri-Band MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-891L): Up to 1733Mbps on both 5GHz bands and 800Mbps on 2.4GHz band for maximum throughput with less interference
- AC1300 Gigabit Wi-Fi Extender (DAP-1655): Up to 867Mbps on the 5GHz band and 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz band
- Dynamic Adaption: Load balancing to ensure the 2.4GHz and 5GHZ bands are optimized
- Multi-Hop Connections: Enhanced path selection for seamless use and device transferring between router and extender
- Easy Setup: Unique installation with simple Plug-n-Play design
- Backwards Compatible: Supports legacy devices and Wi-Fi standards (802.11n/g)
CES Innovations 2016 Design & Engineering Awards
The Unified Home Wi-Fi Network Kit is an International CES Innovations 2016 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree. Products entered in this prestigious program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting edge consumer electronics products.
Availability and Pricing
The Unified Home Wi-Fi Network Kit (DKT-891) will be available in Q2 2016 with a retail price of $369.99 in the United Stated throughout D-Link’s vast network of retail and etail partners. The Unified Home Wi-Fi Network Kit will be displayed at the 2016 International CES, Jan. 6-9, 2016 in Las Vegas. Detailed specifications are available online at us.dlink.com.
D-Link Continues its Category Leadership with EXO’s Stylish Form-Factor,
Premium Color and Impressive Feature Set
INTERNATIONAL CES, LAS VEGAS – Jan. 5, 2016 – D-Link today announced a new line of EXO Routers to supplement the existing Ultra Performance Series. Blending exceptional design with powerful 11AC home networking performance, the EXO series provides impressive speed and coverage for an affordable price.
Comprised of two routers, the AC1900 Wi-Fi Router (DIR-879) and the AC1750 Wi-Fi Router (DIR-869), the EXO series delivers exceptional W-Fi performance. With high-power amplifiers designed to maximize range, and gigabit ports for wired connectivity, the EXO routers provide whole-home coverage for your Smart Home’s many connected devices. The AC1900 router also includes SmartConnect technology to automatically assign clients to the wireless band providing the best bandwidth.
“Following the success of the Ultra Series routers, we are continuing to deliver stylish, premium-design routers,” explains Ken Loyd, Director of Product Marketing at D-Link. “These two EXO routers not only have the unique design consumers are wanting, but they also have the technology to offer extreme Wi-Fi coverage for today’s most demanding tasks at home such as 4k media streaming, all at an incredibly affordable price.”
Continuing to lead in the category of product innovation, the EXO series furthers the trend for sleek, fashionable Wi-Fi routers, sure to make an impact in the marketplace. Rather than hide routers in closets and beneath desks, consumers can now proudly display their EXO Wi-Fi Router, confident in both its styling and its performance.
More about the D-Link EXO Series:
Additional features and capabilities for the AC1900 Wi-Fi Router (DIR-879) and AC1750 Wi-Fi Router (DIR-869) include:
- 11AC Wi-Fi Dual Band Connectivity1:
- DIR-879: Up to 1300Mbps on the 5GHz band and 600Mbps on the 2.4GHz band
- DIR-869: Up to 1300Mbps on the 5GHz band and 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz band
- High Power Amplifiers – Provide wider coverage throughout your home
- SmartConnect – Automatically assigns connected devices to the best possible band for optimal Wi-Fi performance2
- Intelligent QoS – Traffic optimization delivers seamless performance for your applications
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup – Push button to easily connect devices to your wireless network
- Backward Compatible – Works with existing Wi-Fi devices (802.11n/g)
- Wireless Encryption – Uses WPA or WPA2 security
- Easy Setup – Get online in minutes with the Quick Router Setup (QRS) mobile app
Availability and Pricing
The EXO Series Wi-Fi routers will be available throughout D-Link’s vast network of retail and e-tail partners in the United States as follows:
- AC1900 EXO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-879) – Available Q1 2016 for $149.99
- AC1750 EXO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-869) – Available Q2 2016 for $129.99
The EXO Series Wi-Fi routers will be displayed at the 2016 International CES, Jan. 6-9, 2016 in Las Vegas. Detailed specifications are available online at us.dlink.com.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit us.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink) and D-Link’s Blog (http://blog.dlink.com/).