If we were to ask you to tell us what you think of the company Epic Gear, you would probably say “Who?” We can’t blame you, they are a new company with only two products out right now. Epic Gear is a branch of GeIL (Golden Emperor International Limited), best known for their memory products, but who has recently been expanding in to the gaming peripheral and power supply markets.
Today we are taking a look at the Epic Gear Meduza gaming mouse. What sets this mouse apart from the legions of other gaming mice is its HDST (Hybrid Dual Sensor Technology) which means the mouse is equipped with both an optical and a laser sensor. The idea behind this is that you can buy one mouse and have the choice between super fast laser or ultra stable optical with only the flip of a switch. Read on to see if this new tech can deliver the best of both worlds.
Features & Specs
- 3 Switchable Sensing Modes: Laser, Optical and HDST™ (Laser + Optical)
- Optical Mode : 400/800/1600/3200 dpi (4 level)
- HDST™ Mode : 4 customizable DPI levels via GUI of up to 4800dpi
- Laser Mode : 4 customizable DPI levels via GUI of up to 6000dpi
- Minimal Lift-off Distance of 1mm for Extreme Precision
- Tracking Speed of up to 200 ips @HDST™ Mode
- Acceleration Speed of up to 30 G @HDST™ Mode
- Longevity Gaming Keys of 10 million clicks
- USB 2.0 Full Speed: 1000Hz Report Rate
- 7 Buttons with 6 Fully Programmable
- 5 Gaming Profiles with Customizable LED Color
- 2 Meter braided USB Cable