While the USB 3.0 and SATA III have caught on as a trend in the upper motherboards but have not yet reached the mITX mainly because of price reasons. I was genuinely surprise when I saw this board support both SATA III as well as USB 3.0 specifications. In the picture below all four ports support support SATA III. There are also 2 USB 3.0 ports affixed to the back marked with a blue USB header.
I addition to having USB 3.0 and SATA III support the motherboard also supports other neat features such a PCI 4x Express slot as can be seen in the pictures below. Despite only being 4x slot, you will be able to fit 16x devices as it a full size slot. I was also impressed by the motherboard’s DualBios option available through a hardware switch – a feature usually reserved for higher, more expensive players in the field.
- Built in with an AMD E-350 Dual-Core processor
- Built in with an AMD Radeon HD 6310 (DirectX 11) graphics core
- AMD Hudson-M1 FCH
- 2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory
* Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.
- Single channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 1333(OC)/1066 MHz memory modules
||Integrated in the APU:
- 1 x D-Sub port
- 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920×1200
* The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connector by adapter.
- 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920×1200
* For configuring screen resolution, please refer the user manual- Chapter 1 Hardware Installation of Back Panel Connectors section.
- Realtek ALC892 codec
- High Definition Audio
- Support for Dolby Home Theater
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- 1 x Realtek 8111E chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4
(The PCIEX4 slot conforms to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
- 4 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors supporting up to 4 SATA 6Gb/s devices
* SATA3 2x performance are maximum theoretical values. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
- Up to 8 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 on the back panel, 4 via the USB brackets connected to the internal USB headers)
Renasas D720200 chip:
- Up to 2 USB 3.0 ports on the back panel
* USB 3.0 10x performance is a maximum theoretical value. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
|Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 4 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 1 x system fan header
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x debug card header
* This port is mainly used by repair technicians for debugging and problem diagnosis.
- 1 x chassis instrusion header
- 1 x power LED header
- 1 x clearing CMOS jumper
|Back Panel Connectors
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/ mouse port
- 1 x D-Sub port
- 1 x DVI-D port
- 1 x HDMI port
- 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- ITE IT8720 chip
- System voltage detection
- CPU/System temperature detection
- CPU/System fan speed detection
- 2 x 16 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AWARD BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS™
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.4, ACPI 1.0b
- Support for @BIOS
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Xpress BIOS Rescue
- Support for Download Center
- Support for Xpress Install
- Support for Xpress Recovery2
- Support for EasyTune
* Available functions in EasyTune may differ by motherboard model.
- Support for Smart Recovery
- Support for Auto Green
- Support for On/Off Charge
- Support for Q-Share
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version)
- Support for Microsoft Windows 7/ Vista/ XP
- Mini-ITX; 17.0cm x 17.0cm
||* GIGABYTE reserves the right to make any changes to the product specifications and product-related information without prior notice.
- Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors’ website or 3rd party website.
- Most hardware/software vendors no longer offer support for Win9X/ME/2000/XP SP1/SP2. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.