With a retail price of $299.95, the RD950 is great value for money considering all the included features and guarantees. The multiple K, Ka, X band detection combined with laser detection ensures full coverage of every police radar frequency and radar gun technology. The “Drive Ticket-Free Guaranteed” assurance provides piece of mind in case of a standard speeding ticket. K40 even goes as far as to promise that “If your K40 Radar Detector or Laser Defuser does not outperform any other radar detector you’ve owned, return it within 30 days for a full product credit.” K40 displays the up most confidence in its product and I hope my testing will support the basis for K40’s 100% satisfaction guarantees.
- **NEW** K-Band Filter – Rejects alerts from vehicles on the road (including your own) equipped with radar-based safety features, such as collision avoidance, allowing you to concentrate on the real threats.
- Fully Programmable – Ten customizable menu settings allow you to program your RD950 to fit you and your driving environment.
- Flexible Mute Options – Offers multiple ways to silence alerts, including automatic volume reduction.
- Filter – Choose between three sensitivity options based on where and how you drive.
- Dim – Adjust the intensity of the display depending on the time of day or your visual preference.
- Accessories Included – Everything you need to install the RD950 is included: Fully-adjustable windshield mounting bracket with suction cups, a standard coiled power cord with 12V outlet adapter, and a straight power cord for a custom hardwired installation.
- Voice or Tone plus Display – Unique audible and visual warnings alert you to the specific police radar band targeting your vehicle as well as provide a “Geiger” audio alert that accelerates as you near the threat.
- Vibrant Dot Matrix Display – Great looking and easy to read, day or night. Easily adjust the brightness to suit your driving environment.
K40 Exclusive Guarantees
K40 provides a one year repair or replace product warranty on its entire lineup of radar/laser detectors – which is mostly standard for this type of electronic product. What sets K40 apart is the 100% Performance Guarantee and Ticket-Free Guarantee. Detailed on the K40 Electronics website, the manufacturer provides a full year Ticket-Free Guarantee: “If within the first year of ownership, you receive a speeding ticket, simply send us a copy of the speeding ticket, your proof of payment of the ticket, and your receipt for your K40 product purchase*. It’s that easy. This guarantee covers actual speeding ticket fines and court costs.”
Detects every North American approved police radar frequency and radar gun:
|Operating Frequencies||10.500 – 10.550 GHz (X-Band)
24.050 – 25.250 GHz (K-Band)
33.400 – 36.000 GHz (Ka-Band)
830 – 945 nanometers (Laser)
GHz = gigahertz
|Power Requirements||11.0 – 16.0 Volts DC negative ground
170 mA typical standby
|Dimensions||4.572 in. L x 2.728 in. W x 1.124 in. H|
Three Filter Settings:
|Detects all types of North American approved police radar or laser signals at full sensitivity.||For highway travel or in any area in which you are
unfamiliar with the types of radar used.
|2. City||The X-Band sensitivity is reduced. This is because it is the most common source of non-police radar
signals. K, Ka, and Laser will remain at full sensivity.
|When traveling in an urban area with minimal non-police radar signals.|
|3. Filter||Eliminates X-Band detection completely. Reduces
K and Ka-Band sensitivity. Laser detection will remain at full sensitivity.
|When traveling in a congested traffic area with a high concentration of non-police radar signals.|
- Voice Type – Male / Female
- Audible Voice – Voice On / Voice Off
- Wake Up – Wake Up Long (Full) / Wake Up Short (abbreviated start-up sequence)
- POP Radar Band – On / Off – turning POP on will greatly increase alerts to non-police radar bursts
- X-Band – On / Off
- K-Band – On / Off
- Ka-Band – On / Off
- Laser – On / Off
- Factory Reset
RDD Guard – Radar Detector Detector shielded
Radar Receiver Type – DSP Datadyne Technologies
Display Type – Full Dot Matrix Text Display
Signal Strength Indicators – Audible Geiger and visual strength indications
* Ticket-Free Guarantee not valid for tickets written in school or construction zones, or incurred with a DUI or DWI violation.
* Ticket-Free Guarantee valid only in US and Canada.