Features, Specifications, and a Closer Look
- Enhanced Timing- This product has been programmed for timings that offer improved performance when properly installed
- Enhanced Frequency- This product has been programmed to operate at the ideal frequency for your system when properly installed
- Hand-Tested- This product has been tested by hand for quality assurance
- Extreme Performance- Unparalleled speeds to save time and money while transferring content rich data
- Lifetime Warranty- Quality guaranteed – we offer a lifetime warranty on this product and genuine, unmatched service and support
- Frostbyte™ Heatsink- This product is equipped with the Frostbyte™ Heatsink
|Multi-channel Kit||Quad-Channel Kit|
Like most computer memory there is nothing really impressive about the packaging, all that matters is that it gets your your hands safely. Within the package there are two plastic enclosures each holding two sticks. The black “Quad Pack” box is a nice touch, something that is not found when you purchase dual channel ram from Mushkin.
I can easily say that Mushkin’s Frostbyte heatsink has quickly become my favorite heat sink of all time, its not too flash yet not too subtle, it is right in the middle. The Mushkin Redline DDR4-2667 will get noticed within your rig but it won’t scream for attention with crazy LEDs or oversized heatspreaders. DDR4’s signature 288pins, it is still the same size as DDR3 but the pins are closer together. Having a nice heatsink does not make ram any faster so lets not jump to conclusions before judging this memory kit solely on its looks.
The heatsink is held by adhesive thermal paste on the chips and on the back of the RAM stick, removal of the heat spreaders for modding purposes seems unlikely. Memory modules are found on only one side of the stick which indicates that there is room for improvement for 8GB of RAM per stick. The entire heat sink is actually two parts, they are not joined together at the top.
Here we see everything you get within Mushkin Redline Quad Channel kit, the sleek looking heat sink continues to impress me.Bunching four sticks on the same side of a X99 system looks impressive from the top, good new for users who are looking to buy two of these to fill all eight slots available. Lets move on to overclocking and benchmarks so we can really see what top of the line Mushkin memory is made of.