- AMD Eyefinity 2.0 – The next generation of AMD Eyefinity technology is here, featuring all-new support for stereo 3D, universal bezel compensation and brand new display configurations. Face it: the best just got better: The enhancements for AMD Radeon HD7000 series include: Stereo 3D-multi-display stereoscopic 3D support via DisplayPort 16K X 16K maximum display group resolution-output up to 268 megapixels per GPU.
- SAPPHIRE Dual-X Cooling Technology – Famous for our exclusive cooling solutions like the award winning Vapor Chamber Cooling technology – Vapor-X, SAPPHIRE’s reputation for innovative excellence continues to grow with the introduction of our new dual-extractor technology – Dual-X. Dual-X is a highly efficient multi-heatpipe cooler with dual fans that provide quiet and very cool operation during normal operating conditions, and superb cooling performance even under extreme load.
- AMD CrossFireX™ Multi-GPU Technology for R9 285/ R9 290 Series – The R9 285/ R9 290 Series has the ability to support AMD CrossFire Technology mode without the need for a hardware strap or “CrossFire ribbon”, while maintaining the same quality and performance that AMD CrossFire Technology is known to deliver.
Triple or Quadruple gaming power with AMD CrossFireX™ Multi-GPU Technology.AMD CrossFireX technology supports up to four graphics cards to be used in a single system.
- DirectX® 12 – The tessellation performance on AMD Radeon R7/ R9 series is up to 2X faster than the previous generation, and DirectCompute performance is also faster to accelerate advanced post-processing, filtering, and anti-aliasing techniques. Direct X12 games has never looked this good.
- OpenGL 4.4 – OpenGL 4.4 improves the GPU efficiency by improving the shader process operation and capturing GPU tessellated geometry. The process of modifying an arbitrary subset of compress texture is also simplified. The memory management in handling shaders is more efficient as well.
- TriXX Utility – TriXX helps users to get the optimum performance from compatible SAPPHIRE graphics cards in any application by allowing them to monitor, tune and save different settings of key parameters for the card.
|Display Support||4 x Maximum Display Monitor(s) support|
|Output||1 x HDMI (with 3D)
1 x DisplayPort 1.2
1 x Dual-Link DVI-D
1 x Dual-Link DVI-I
|GPU||918 MHz Core Clock
28 nm Chip
1792 x Stream Processors
|Video Memory||2048 MB Size
256 -bit GDDR5
5500 MHz Effective
2 x slot
SAPPHIRE TriXX Utility
|Outputs||DVI to VGA Adapter
6 PIN to 4 PIN Power Cable x 2
HDMI 1.4a high speed 1.8 meter cable(Full Retail SKU only)
Packaging and Accessories
The packaging of the 285 is typical Sapphire with a glossy box cover featuring the key features and specs on the front and back.
Included with the card itself, you get two Molex to PCI-E adapters, an HDMI cable, a DVI to VGA adapter, a driver CD/quick install guide, and a souvenir mouse pad.