SteelSeries Announces New Rival 700 First-Ever Gaming Mouse Armed with a Fully Customizable OLED Display and Tactile Alerts
The New Rival 700 Is Ahead of the Game by Bringing Interactive Features to Gamers
CHICAGO – January 5, 2016 – SteelSeries, the leading global manufacturer of gaming peripherals, introduces the Rival 700, equipped with gaming’s first fully customizable onboard OLED display, tactile alerts and swappable physical components. Altogether, this makes the Rival 700 the most powerful gaming mouse in the world, giving gamers real-time information and notifications while they play.
“We’re thrilled to deliver the world’s first smart gaming mouse,” said Ehtisham Rabbani, SteelSeries CEO. “By listening to gamers and eSports athletes, we’ve perfected professional gaming mice for more than a decade. The Rival 700 takes that expertise and meets gamers needs today, and grows to help them win in the future.”
OLED Display & Tactile Alerts
The Rival 700 connects players to the game like never before. Powered by SteelSeries GameSense, players can personalize the OLED display to track their stats, change profiles, see their CPI settings as well as set custom logos and animations using SteelSeries Engine. With tactile alerts, the mouse is no longer merely an input device; gamers can now feel in-game events, aiding them in critical decision-making. The Rival 700 generates tactile alerts that notify the gamer of in-game events without affecting precision or accuracy. Gamers can customize every aspect of the alerts for in-game events such as cooldown timers, health status and more through SteelSeries Engine.
Enhanced Precision & Performance
The high-performance optical sensor of the Rival 700 delivers exceptional performance, built for professional gaming. This optical sensor delivers many advantages for gamers, such as:
- Like all SteelSeries Rival mice, the Rival 700 has zero hardware acceleration and an optical sensor that offers gamers true 1:1 tracking accuracy.
- Gamers can configure resolution settings up to 16,000 counts per inch (CPI) and down to one millisecond of customizable response time, equaling zero lag time.
- The sensor has the ability to accurately track movement speeds of up to 300 inches per second at 50g of acceleration.
- The Rival 700 has a removable sensor module, allowing gamers to swap to a laser sensor or other future options.
On The Outside
The ergonomic shape and 7-button, right-handed layout were designed to work comfortably with all grip styles. The mouse features a soft-touch surface with sculpted side grips that provide a raised texture for maximum comfort along with durable, double-shot injected left and right buttons, so gamers never lose control in the heat of battle.
SteelSeries built the Rival 700 to be the best gaming mouse available today, and with enough customization options to ensure a long future of elite gaming, like:
- GameSense and Prism RGB illumination give gamers the power to choose millions of color options and customizable lighting effects powered by in-game events.
- The mouse cover is swappable to ones with different designs and surfaces.
- The Rival 700 is packaged with a 3ft rubber cable and a 6ft braided cable for gamers who choose to game on their laptop or desktop.
- Swappable sensors provide gamers the option to change to the latest sensors on the market without purchasing a brand new mouse.
- OLED display allows gamers to personalize the Rival 700 with logos and custom in-game settings.
The Rival 700 Elite Performance Gaming Mouse will be available on http://SteelSeries.com in Spring 2016 for $99.99 / €109.99 MSRP. Optional sensor and mouse covers will also be available in Spring 2016. For more information on the mouse specifications, please visit http://steelseries.com/rival700.