Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 12-21-2001, 10:52 AM
Simo

Default Kazza is screwed.

Looks like its going to go the way of Napster folks...but their not going without a fight.

http://www.mp3newswire.net/stories/2001/kazaa.html
Old 12-21-2001, 11:00 AM
jinx

Default Re: Kazza is screwed.

Yeah, and since KaZaa and Morpheus are sister companies and share some of the same data bases,  will KaZaa just shift all it's searches over to Morpheus ?
The KaZaa order was from a Dutch court and Morpheus is an American Co, seems like things may get complicated and MP3's and other file sharing is most likely to continue- regardless.
Just my opinion.
Old 12-21-2001, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe

Kaza should just shut down operations and move to another country.  Or they should de-centralized their authenication servers so it can never be shut down.
Old 12-21-2001, 08:23 PM
Simo

Yeah I agree that file sharing is gong to continue no matter what.

There is too many programs already out there and of course there is always new ones coming out every week.  And alot of the programs are not for profit type things.

Indeed head on over to sourceforge.net and I can guarentee you that you will find quite afew file sharing projects underway.....all open source of course.

Old 12-21-2001, 10:02 PM
SinnopS

oh this will never end...one dies out another one pops up. there are tons of others out there..they cant possibly shut them all down
Old 12-21-2001, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe

Even if they are all shut down everyone will head back to the old days of getting your mp3s off of irc.
Old 12-22-2001, 01:26 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Uranium-235 Send a message via AIM to Uranium-235

yeah, irc is the only thing they'll never be able to shut down
Old 12-22-2001, 02:10 AM
Simo

yeah IRC is unstopable.....it could also be argued that FTP servers are the same.

Although proggies like KaZZa do make it easyer to find hat you want.
Old 12-22-2001, 12:01 PM
jinx

All this reminds me of the 'used CD ' stores when they first started up across the country. They were sued left and right probally by the same bunch now sueing KaZaa, napster and others.
Old Garth Brooks spent 3 million dollars $ of his own money sueing them. He thought no one would ever buy another one of his CD's. Well, he lost, used CD stores are now everywhere and serve a good purpose. Same as yard sales- flea markets etc .
Remember when Napster was first sued, a backlash flared up and CD sales of certain artist involved with the sueing were boycotted.
Old 12-22-2001, 04:43 PM
SinnopS

i for one hate using irc..its my last option to do stuff. i hate staringat all that chatter trying to dig out the usefull info to get an ftp or what ever.

ive been using Direct Connect for the past little while here and its pretty decent..as long people do go off line. i have like 10 gigs of partial movie files casue people keep leaving  >