Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 03-17-2002, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe
Default Gnutella

I am using the new Morpheus, which is basically just another Gnutella client.  I cannot seem to download anything at all.  I have it set to a minimum of 15 connections and there is usually a few million gb's for me to search.  I find a find and it will have 20 or so hosts.  When i try to download the file, it will just keep searching and trying to connect to all of those hosts and eventually time out.  Does anyone have any tips for better downloading using gnutella?

thanks
keefe
Old 03-17-2002, 06:26 PM
coffejor

Default Re: Gnutella

I had that same problem. Does anyone know of any download programs that don't incorporate spyware? (other than Morpheus)
Old 03-17-2002, 06:39 PM
jinx

I downloaded the new preview ver several wks ago, set it up and tried to use it. But had similar problems, waited a wk or so, downloaded it all over again, totally removed first installation, purged the registry, then installed it again. Still had severe problems, can locate files , then when I select download, it puts it up for a few seconds under transfer, but never connects and in a second or so takes it all down. I never did download a file. So I totally removed it again. Understand the final ver will be out soon so will just wait, mean while WinMX sure is a sweet program.
Old 03-17-2002, 06:42 PM
jinx

Coffeejor,
WinMX is the only one I know of without spyware. Has a large library and is a very good program, have used it for a couple of yrs now.
Old 03-17-2002, 07:28 PM
Aoshi

so winmx has peopole now?  the last time i tried it a a year or two ago it didnt have enough people useing it. hmm... i'll have to check it out one more time.

BRING BACK CUTEMX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2002, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Uranium-235 Send a message via AIM to Uranium-235

it has a few problems connecting to clients sometimes but I've been able to get a few videos off it (not movies, just a few Faimly Guy episides)
Old 03-18-2002, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe

Gnutella seems to have every single program, movie, mp3, and every other file known to man on it.  You just can't download any of them.  Its like going to a fancy buffet and not being able to eat!  Damn it!
Old 03-18-2002, 10:52 PM
Aoshi

its cuz everyone has firewalls  >