Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 12-31-2004, 05:29 AM
Crash

Default Netpumper.exe and prutgct.exe

I somehow downloaded netpumper.exe and prutgct.exe from a website that I was visiting. Both programs are spy/adware that were installed in conjunction with each other. I was able to figure out how to remove the netpupmer.exe program, but not the prutcgt.exe (made by PTech).

The prutgct.exe is in my startup/msconfig and will not go away. When trying to delete the file, error message says access denied in both windows and DOS. I removed items for it in regedit, but they just get reloeded when I reboot the computer. What do I do?

Does anyone know how or what to use to get this program removed from the computer? I am very frustrated and would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

p.s. I have attached the prutgct.exe file but you will not want to install it into your computer if you don't know how to remove it.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:47 AM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

um... why did you attach it? I don't think anyone is gonna test it out....

download basically everything on this page.. except the firewalls and the password thing..

http://www.techwarelabs.com/download...=category&id=5

oh and http://www.spychecker.com/download/d...ijackthis.html is the newest version of hijack this..

BE CAREFUL with hijack this.. if you don't know what you're doing, it can screw you... you're safer just using adaware and spybot...
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 01-03-2005, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Delete all your temporary files and temporary internet files. Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC (control, shift, escape) and go to the Processes tab (assuming you are in Windows 2000 or XP or later). The programs you mentioned, right-click them and click End Process Tree. Search for those files. Before you delete them however, see if there are any other files created or modified within a few minutes of the date and times the files you know of were created and modified. Quarantine those other files in another folder.

Also, I looked at the program you uploaded and found that it uses a driver named MSVBVM60.DLL. This is a necessary driver for visual basic functions through out Windows and applications. DO NOT DELETE THIS FILE OR MOVE IT WHEN QUARANTINING OTHER FILES!

Also, please upload the other spyware program you are aware of, if possible, so that I can see other information about them.