Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 06-10-2001, 05:34 PM
the_warlord

Default best hangover cure ?

have you got one that kixx ?
Old 06-10-2001, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe
Default Re: best hangover cure ?

I usually drink a lot of water before i go to bed after a night of drinking.  You will wake up without a hangover. Just do pee the bed..he he he

Or, there is this head-ache powder stuff that they sell at some gas stations in the US that will take a hangover away fast! I don't remeber what it is called though..
Old 06-10-2001, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe

or you could always drink some more...that usually works the best...
Old 06-11-2001, 04:59 PM
Digital_Vixen

I'd have to agree with the drinking more - it DEFINITELY helps   ;D Especially after 6 Long Island Ice-T's ..
Old 07-12-2001, 05:55 AM
the_warlord

six long island teas.................... man i just looked that up. what a blast.... six drinks doesnt sound like much till you find out whats in 'em :P
Old 07-26-2001, 02:10 PM
lynchmob

tomato juice!!
Old 07-27-2001, 10:11 AM
awesomedell

Unfortunately a few yrs ago I had to go to what they call SATOP in these parts after getting a ticket for DUI.  From what I learned there the best thing for a hangover is lots of non-alcholic liquids and sugar.  Which explains why my old standby has always worked so well, a 16oz Pepsi & a Snickers bar!  This will make you feel better, but won't help you sober up any.  If I remember right the liver processes all alcohol out of your system and there is a chemical formula to figure out how fast it leaves your system.  This is what the breathalyzer is based on & why that test is used by law enforcement to test for drunk driving.   Can't say the class changed my drinking habits, but that $2000 fine & loss of driver's license for 6 months definitely changed my drinking & driving habits, I don't do it at all anymore.  If I've been drinking, I either call a cab or a friend or I walk!
Old 08-20-2001, 08:49 AM
Northern_Soul

More drink, definitely! Actually acclimatisation is useful too. The more practise you get the better you become at facing the day after. Seriously though, I have heard that breathing pure oxygen helps to oxidise the poisons in the blood stream much quicker. However, don't over do it.
Old 09-13-2001, 11:48 AM
dave

More drink is defintely a good thing - but when I get really blasted this seems to help me not get a headache.

What I do is take 3 tylenol or advil and chase them down with about 20 ounces of water before I goto bed. Even after a hellish nite I still don't get a headache in the morning.
Old 09-27-2001, 03:30 AM
the_warlord

hmmm concensus here is either drink more alcohol or drink water. well you know what they say about water and what fish do in it!!

i will try daves idea on painkillers and water before bed next time and evaluate his cure