Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > General Board

Old 07-28-2001, 03:34 PM
awesomedell

Default Which browser do you prefer?

I'd been using IE 5.5 until recently.  But a couple of weeks ago a friend talked me into giving Netscape Navigator a try.  From where I'm at here in the wilds of Mo., on our local (& only) ISP choice it loads noticeably faster than either IE or MSN.  Those are the only other 2 I've ever worked with, alot people I talk to on the net like AOL, but you can't even dial into them from my area code, so I've never bothered downloading their browser.  Post here and let me hear everyone's opinion.
Old 07-29-2001, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe
Default Re: Which browser do you prefer?

I use IE 5.5.  In my experience, Internet Explorer has always been faster and better for me.  There are tons more features in IE than in netscape. Also, Outlook Express is a lot better that Netscape Messenger.  I work for any ISP here in winsconsin that unfortunetly gives out netscape on their set-up cds.  People are always calling with problems.  I usually switch them over to IE and then never call back again with browser problems.
Old 07-31-2001, 12:33 AM
Hulaboy

I used to be a big hardcore Netscape fan until 4.76 came out. After that, everything went down the crapper.  It started suffering from extreme crashes and major conflicts with most of my stuff on the computer.  So, I inevitably and grudgingly tried out IE 4.0 at first and then got hooked on it. Eventually, I totally made the switch to IE 5.5.  I find that IE 5.5 has all the stuff I need it to do and I still had my doubts but that vanished once they added the print preview option which Netscape had already.  The rest is history...
Old 08-02-2001, 12:01 PM
awesomedell

I've started getting some minor glitches w/Netscape, at least that's what I thunk is causing it.  The min/max/close buttons on all my windows have taken on a weird graphic.  When I restart the puter it goes away until I open Netscape & then it reappears.  So I think I'm gonna uninstall it & see if my problem goes away.  Has anybody here tried IE6.0?  I thought about downloading it to see what was new & improved about it.  Any thoughts or comments?
Old 08-04-2001, 08:45 AM
SinnopS

Ive always hated netscape with a passion. in all my experiance, it has been slower and much more buggy. right now, i am using IE 6 build 2479 and it seems to super. fast loading even on my slow dell pII 400. i did try out opera not to long ago, that seemed to actualy be pretty nice. i might have to play with that some more
Old 08-10-2001, 03:20 AM
the_warlord

ie 5.5 over here. no stability problems and no page loading / isp issues either. impressive.
Old 08-10-2001, 09:33 PM
awesomedell

I downloaded IE 6 a couple of days, so far I like, no conflicts w/other software, no glitches of any kind so far.
Old 08-16-2001, 02:59 AM
KenE

Everyone should be using the Opera Browser.

http://www.operasoftware.com
Old 08-18-2001, 03:54 AM
2Up

I use both IE 5.5 and Netscape 4.7.  Both work well.
I installed Netscape though, and it is just dreadful in my opinion.

2Up
Old 08-18-2001, 03:55 AM
2Up

Amendment to above.   Netscape 6 is just dreadful.