Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 03-17-2002, 06:37 PM
[CaM]Spoon

Default What you recommend???

I really want to go buy my new computer but i want some help on what motherboard i should get.  Right now ill be getting a Athlon 1700 and a radeon 8500.  Can anyone suggest a good motherboard to go along?  And keep in mind i dont wanna go over 200 (canadian)on the motherboard.
Old 03-17-2002, 07:00 PM
Grinnin Reaper

Default Re: What you recommend???

Check out www.newegg.com .  I'm not up on the latest and greatest and don't know the conversiont rates form American to Canadian dollar but their asus A7N266-C for $110 American looks decent but I think it has an intergrated video option.
The A7V266-E KT266A looks really kick ass for $144 american here a link directly to the page.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...ry=1315&DEPA=1
Old 03-17-2002, 07:22 PM
Aoshi

www.newegg.com is a pretty good site for computer parts. if you dont find anything good there or want to see if you can find a cheaper price go here www.pricewatch.com they are very good for pricing things out and finding a cheap place.
Old 03-18-2002, 12:35 PM
Chef

I'm agree with savage, Asus goes great with Athlon. Probably the best mobo for AMDs
Usually expensive, but obviously worst it

Good luck
Chef
Old 03-18-2002, 01:11 PM
[CaM]Spoon

Thanks alot guys

Im so happy i waited becuase Gigabyte just released there own ATI radeon 8500!!! so that means it will be alot cheaper.  
Old 03-18-2002, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

you might want to check out the ABIT KR7A-RAID. Abits are one of the, if not the, best mobos around. superfast in every way and has three pin cooling, which keeps your cpu below 100 degrees farenheit. it is a little stee in price though, but you may see it for cheap where some one else mentioned, www.pricewatch.com
Old 03-19-2002, 12:43 PM
[CaM]Spoon

actually iv decided to go with the gigabyte GA-7VTXE becuase it got amazing reviews and the price is very good.
Old 03-20-2002, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

if the same company makes both your vid card and mobo, that should make for a very good combo and config

good luck with it