Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 04-17-2002, 05:15 PM
MarshHawk

Default Half-life freeze with new system

I just reinstalled Half-life on my pc. I play Team fortress classic. Since my last reinstall of Win 2000 Pro, HL keeps freezing. I get frozen screen and sound loop. I alt+tab out of HL and my system is still running, but I cant kill HL in task manager.

I have had TFC running on this machine since last November with no problems. The only difference now is that I am running NTFS. Could this be causing my problems?

System Spec:

Windows 2000 Pro Service Pack 2
Athlon 1800+
512MB DDR RAM
GeForce 2 Ti 64MB
MSI Mobo

Any ideas would be welcome.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:34 PM
Grinnin Reaper

Default Re: Half-life freeze with new system

Are you runnin' the same graphics drivers as before.  Also was you runnin' any diffrent drivers and was you runnin' 2000 before.
Old 04-18-2002, 02:36 AM
MarshHawk

Everything is exactly the same as before. I just reinstalled Windows 2000 but this time with NTFS.

The graphics drivers and OS are the same. I am trying to think of anything that I have installed this time that I didnt last time. But I cant think of anything that would be causing this.

I could try downloading the latest nVidia drivers, but this problem was not happening before.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:00 AM
aoC_PRoZaK

hmm, did ya reinstall HL too or is it still on some fat32 partiton? shouldn't be the fault though, what graphics adjustments do ya have in HL, i meand do you run it in open GL mode? since win2k supports direct x i think(tell me if i am wrong) u could try to change this setting. :