Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 08-06-2002, 08:05 PM
chaplndave

Default TDK 48x24x48x????

I was reading somewhere that TDK just came out with a 48x24x48x CD-RW. When did the technology jump so fast??? The last reviews I read were for 48x12x40x CD burners...then all of a sudden.....

Has anyone seen a review on this burner? Has anyone bought one? Where can you get them? Are they really expensive?
Old 08-17-2002, 01:02 AM
accurateimage

Default Love my 48X

Old 08-17-2002, 12:30 PM
chaplndave

Great looking rig...so you like your new TDK?? I have the 16/10/40x right now, but am looking to upgrade. Where did you get your drive and what was the ballpark amount for it? Have you seen any reviews on the drive anywhere on the net?

Thanks for the response. chaplndave
Old 08-17-2002, 12:32 PM
chaplndave

Opppsss...in rereading your post I see you spent $109.99 for the drive...first time I read the post I thought you were talking about the blank CDRs...my mistake. I will keep my eyes open for the drive somewhere here in NJ...or online somewhere. Still would like to read a review though. Thanks again. Gotta run
Old 08-17-2002, 04:03 PM
accurateimage

Default :D

Have not seen any reviews on it yet, I bought ot for price and I also have a 24 x inthe machine behind me and thought it was wonderfull, so when I went in the store actually looking for somthing else I saw 1 left on the shelf, it looked good and my older burner was awsome so I bought it at Fry's or "fried" electronics. Was a very very worthy purchase and glad I bought it. But you key is to really make it burn fast is you have to buy the 48X certified disks which can be a pain to find, usually only on e-bay. But overall after using the product for about 2.5 weeks now I am 100% happy with it And again I did run nero cd-rom speed benchmarking on it and it came out to spec which is noce to know, so if they did not lie there they could nto be to far off to the 48X rip write speed.
Old 09-01-2002, 02:58 PM
accurateimage

Default :)

My TDK outran the plextor 48X in latest test hehe not bad for a $99 burner *LOL*!!!
Old 09-04-2002, 11:30 AM
BobyJo

I just read the review on the Plextor 48x24x48 yesterday. It only burns at that speed if you invoke the hi speed burner. I know that is not the name of the feature of that burner. I have a problem in remembering names etc. So forgive me. With the feature enabled it works. Believe it or not the Lite On and TDK outpeformed the Plextor. I would think you should be able to find the Lite On somewhere.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:26 PM
chaplndave

Default Re: Love my 48X

Old 09-13-2002, 01:36 PM
accurateimage

Right on Dude Very cool drive, just put the good sicks in and if you can get the 48x certified I also have a tdk 24x and my 48x makes it look like a turd on a log.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:45 PM
chaplndave

Quote:
Originally Posted by accurateimage
Right on Dude Very cool drive, just put the good sicks in and if you can get the 48x certified I also have a tdk 24x and my 48x makes it look like a turd on a log.
On my way home from Price Club/Costco I swung into Circuit City where I found a spindle of 50 TDK 40x, 80min, 700MB blank CD-RW disks for $24.99. It had a $7.00 rebate from TDK and a $15 rebate from Circuit City which made the spindle something like $2.99 after rebates. The 40x disks are the fastest I have seen so far, but this will at least get me started. The are faster than the 16x ones I have for my other machine. So here we go...burn away!!!!