Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 09-01-2002, 10:00 AM
Monk

Default help

I have a Dell Dimension 8200 with a Geforce 3 Ti 500 and a Turtle Beach sound card. I receive the following message in a blue screen of death after a few seconds/minutes in windows xp pro:

The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.

Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

Technical information:
***STOP: 0x000000EA (0xFF671550, 0x8207D790, 0x822F98C0, 0x00000001)

nv4_disp
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete. etc...

I've tried the new detonator drivers, the most recent dell supported drivers, etc., none of them work correctly. any help? thanks.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:42 AM
jinx

You didn't say if the sound card model and type will work with XP, I would go to the sound card's home site with my cards model and type and see if it is compatible with XP, or if they have an XP driver. If you already done this, I would remove it from control panels/device manager and let XP re-install it on bootup.
Old 09-01-2002, 12:31 PM
eviltechie

nv4_disp

sounds like display driver for the geforce 3 is a booboo

find out what ur hard drive format is

then find the correct detonator driver from http://www.nvidia.com

btw is this what the BSOD actualy said?
Quote:
THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
Old 09-01-2002, 12:32 PM
eviltechie

this is the one for winxp and win2k
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_30.82
Old 09-01-2002, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Did you try formatting your hard drive when you put XP on there? Upgrades are really bad for driver issues.
Old 09-01-2002, 05:03 PM
Monk

The computer came with xp pro and that soundcard, and my hard drive is in that more secure format, ntfs or something, not fat32. i wrote the bsod word for word. i also dl the latest drivers for that soundcard. i already tried that driver evil, but thanks. :/ i'll try that uninstall/reinstall thing jinx, thanks. my brother noticed the gf3 and the soundcard both have irq 16.
Old 09-01-2002, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

The IRQ's may be the problem, but IRQ sharing is pretty good now days. You might want to go into the BIOS and see what you can do there.

If your system came with XP, then has it always had this problem? If it hasn't, it is almost guaranteed tobe a software problem. Try fixing it with the CD or whatever you got with the system to that re-installs everything.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:11 PM
eviltechie

and since its a dell
if the warrantee hasnt expired, get the tech support

they might have a simple solution in their tech database that might solve this in just a minute
Old 09-04-2002, 11:20 AM
BobyJo

This is the worst problem to resolve of all. "The infinate loop", is normally due to overclocking the system or vid card to the point that this loop starts. Once it is started, it is virtually impossible to stop the loop short of reseting all devices to default. Reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling the OS. The Turtle Beach Sound card is not anything like SB stuff. I have never had any problems with this sound card with Win2K, or XP either one. So that is not the problem. The problem lies in the video card drivers, the overclocking of the system, and the OS. The Power supply has a great deal of play in this problem also. If you have any case fans attached to the mobo, remove them and power them with extra hard drive power cords. Usually this resolves the problem. I would recommend that you go to nVidia's site and get the latest drivers for your vid card. That will help also. Hope this helps in resolving the problem.

It will help if you will post all the system specs somewhat like most of us have at our signature.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Uranium-235 Send a message via AIM to Uranium-235

I've heard this problem before. get the l8test det drivers and it should fix it