Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 09-15-2002, 06:53 AM
jinx

Default Adaptec Hell

I have a hellacious problem. My Hp-7960 with WinME, came with a Mitsumi cd-rw that failed and I replaced it with a Sony CXR195E1 Cd-RW. Now the adaptec easy cd creator ver 4.05 and adaptec wizard 3.05 ( came on the machine ) will not recognize the Sony at all.
The B's programs installed with the Sony work fine, will copy, format and create cd's.
I have updated - or tried to- from adaptec 4.02 to 4.05, this is difficult because adaptec is now Roxio and I keep getting the message on upgrading " Failed - no Roxio components found "- or similar words on some of the adaptec upgrades.
The CD/DVD ROM also on there has no problems. Both devices are connected as CSEL ( cable select ) as they were originally, Sony recommended the same connections. Only Adaptec is the problem.
Any and all help surely appreciated !
Thanks !
Old 09-15-2002, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Uranium-235 Send a message via AIM to Uranium-235

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/sup...s+ASPI+Package

install the latest adaptec windows ASPI drivers. I never had problems detecting the drive, but I had problems with burning. Installing them fixed it for me.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:53 AM
jinx

u-235, Thanks for the tip, I went there and upgraded to the latest ME drivers etc, ran the aspi checker and forcer at the Adaptec site, have done just about everything I can find on Aspi drivers/managers etc, and nothing I do will make the Adaptec programs recognize the Sony cd-rw. One update knocked the Sony out.
So I don't know, all is ok in the BIOS, device mgr has no flags, from what I can gleen, Roxio will correct the problem with a $ 95 upgrade, sure they will !
So if you are anyone else has any more ideas, please lay them on me !
Old 09-16-2002, 10:23 AM
Grinnin Reaper

I'ld uninstall Adaptec completely and reinstall. I don't know but it may have set itself up for your original cd burner and refuses to see the new one. A reinstall of adaptec may make it "see the light". Also I may have the 4.05 update on my HDD and if you gimme an e-mail (via IM if you want) I'll try to get it to (If I can I forget how big it is)
Old 09-16-2002, 12:19 PM
jinx

GR, Thanks for the info and offer, I already upgraded from 4.02 to 4.05 with an update from the Adaptec/Roxeo site, several other updates were recommended at their site, I downloaded and tried to run them and got the error " Update cancelled- no Roxeo components found on your harddrive" or something similar in a few different words.
I think it is all tied to the ASPI drivers/managers but all checks say I have the right setup for WinME. The Sony burn programs work fine, in create/copy and the audio/data programs.
I already did the remove/reinstall on adaptec and that didn't help.
So I am back to square one.
Old 09-17-2002, 06:58 PM
jinx

Ok, finally found the answer, which is that Adaptec/Roxeo refused to update that ver of EZCD and Easy Creator, saying that everyone would need to purchase the Adaptec/Roxeo 5.02 Ver. to continue using the program to recognize the new CD RW's.
Well, I have already removed both Adaptec CD programs off my machine and can use the Sony Programs ok, I also downloaded a 30 free trial of Stomp Recordnow Max, so it's goodbye to Adaptec.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:12 PM
eviltechie

i suggest the ALL MIGHTY NERO BURNING ROM
Old 09-17-2002, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Uranium-235 Send a message via AIM to Uranium-235

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltechie
i suggest the ALL MIGHTY NERO BURNING ROM