Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 02-23-2002, 01:44 PM
Smoked1

Default urge to Learn!

I have the extreme urge to learn. What's the least expensive way to get my MCSE from home. I learn this type of stuff real quick.
Old 03-08-2002, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe
Default Re: urge to Learn!

Go online and find tutorials on Windows 2000...setup some test servers...buy the books and start reading and doign the hands on projects....

If you are dedicated, you will be able to learn the material very quickly.
Old 03-08-2002, 08:22 PM
Aoshi

if for some reason you want to see what the book that bob uses, they have chapter summary's and quizes at www.mycourse.com unfortunately though you have toa sk bob what his number is on his book or else they wont let you sign up, but i'm sure bob will give ya the number
Old 03-08-2002, 09:28 PM
Smoked1

Yeah if I could get that from you keefe that would be great. I am building my third system this month and plan to network them. Only thing is that I am a little pressed for space in this trailer. I'll make it fit though. i already have a five port hub and some cables. Next I just need to spend the extra cash for the IP addresses from my ISP.
Old 03-08-2002, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe

No problem...

Here is the ISBN: 0-619-01517-9

I got this one from Amazon.com, you can find the rest of them there.
Old 03-09-2002, 12:53 AM
Smoked1

Wow! Thanks man thats pretty cool.
Old 03-21-2002, 11:30 PM
NetForce

I just started to study the MCSE on the .NET track. My first exam is going to be about Windows XP Pro, and the rest will be when Windows.NET servers will come out (some time this year). I chose the books from microsoft press. MCSE Training kit: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, MCSE Microsoft Windows XP Professional Readiness Review and the Microsoft Windows XP Professional Resource Kit. It's a lot of reading, but you get all the info. If you plan the Windows 2000 track, get the Training Kit and the Resource Kit for Windows 2000. The readiness review helps you organise the reading into objectives. It directs you what to read, and the it tests your knowlage about that specific objective. Its a good way to prepare for the exams. I'm doing this procedure for a couple of weeks now and i learned a lot. I only find the resource kit a bit dry, but what are you going to do? I has the most information. If you are on a high budget you can try to get the Microsoft Official Curicculum manuals (you can sometimes find them for a good price on EBAY).  
Old 03-22-2002, 12:03 AM
Smoked1

Kewl. I need to learn something fast. i am just going to put the book to my head and learn through osmosis