Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 12-09-2002, 07:26 AM
elijah

Default hi a problem here

hey i have two questions thats been bothering in my mind. and i could not
solve it.
1. how do you put a password in a folder? meaning putting a password in a folder to have a secrecy and that other people may not open it.
2. how do you make a floppy drive compressed when there is no program
or built in on compression?

please e-mail me at felixphileo@yahoo.com

thanks
Old 12-09-2002, 10:28 AM
Propig

What version of windows are you running?

Why would you want to compress a floppy? If you have a file that is too big to put on one floppy, you can either use winzip to shrink the size of the file or save the file on several floppies.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:05 AM
CB-Byte

Try PC Security to lock your folders, PC Security can do more than that.

Download : http://www.downseek.com/download/5740.asp

And for the Floppy Compression without any Compression Software installed, I dunno if this will work, but Windows comes with a "Backup" utility, try to backup the files you want to compress. If its not too big, it might fit into the floppy disk.

Accessories->System toolls->Backup

CB-Byte
Old 12-09-2002, 01:35 PM
xMerCLorDx

If you don't want a third party appliation, maybe next time you should use NTFS, its a more secure filesystem then FAT 32. It allows user level access instead of share level. You can also use passwords on folders, and use encryption if ya feel like it.

That may be more then you want ( to reformat your drive and start clean ) but if you're up to it, it may be worth your time. Otherwise go ahead with the third party apps, no biggie.

can't really help ya with the floppy compression theres only 1.44mb to play with, you can't compress all that much .
Old 12-09-2002, 01:53 PM
Propig

There is a utility called DriveSpace 3, but I don't know if is included in the more recent versions of windows. Check your help to see if this utility is available to you. I will allow you to compress both your hard drive and a floppy.