Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 01-06-2003, 10:25 PM
CiKoTiC

Default sneak peek

Old 01-06-2003, 11:34 PM
eviltechie

cool

whats gonna be in and on that case?
Old 01-06-2003, 11:35 PM

Yeup, I'd declare that "cikotic" heh. Sweet lookin rig man...well done I might add. The air bubbles kinda looked pretty cool..gave it a "carbonated" effect..
Old 01-07-2003, 02:46 AM
accurateimage

I want the 4 fan control buss and the single fan control! I cannot find them both locally and am to lazy to order them online *L* Hope fried electronice carry's them soon!
Old 01-08-2003, 02:26 AM
accurateimage

hehehe I am on your tail man! with my little 2600+ I was able to score 15,300+ on 3dse... seems the 9700pro does not like the agp to be overclocked that much and the #6 divider does not work on my pc mobo, damn soyo. Anyways I think if I go nforce I can jump well past 16,000.... If I could get the agp stable to the same place the 4600ti was I could score close to 17,000. Grrrrrr still working on it! Just might require that mobo change.
Old 01-08-2003, 01:42 PM
CiKoTiC

You got that right.

Polpot and I tested his 9700 pro out on both mine and his systems.
Polpot dumped his Soyo for a Abit because he had problems
with his ATI card and overclocking.

You can forget about trying to overclock that Soyo board and ATI card.
It just aint gonna happen.

But hey, if you enjoy having problems for a good 3dmark score..
Have at it. Seems like an awful expensive score though.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:33 PM
accurateimage

It is all actually working awsome together with dx9 and the new drivers, I can honestly say I have yet to have a single prob in any games or other! Even I am shocked *LOL*. I can overclock the board just fine but cannot push it as far as I would like to, or as far as I was able to with the 4600. Anything past 180x2 and the agp becomes unstable, could do 190x2 with the 4600. Hope the nv30 is has a more stable agp channel for I like my soyo board! But then again the nforce boards are pretty killer also but I see they are having probs with the 333fsb chips, you have to cut the 3rd L12 bridge to make it see a 133fsb chip and then overclock from there. hmmm.... Wish the damn 1/6 divider worked! I would be scoring huge *L*
Old 01-08-2003, 03:55 PM
CiKoTiC

Old 01-08-2003, 04:13 PM
accurateimage

I am going to look more into the nforce boards to see if I can lock the agp... I never found the limit to the 2600+, I hit a brick wall with even the agp on the 4600 so I can see a huge increase in performance if I can lock the agp or at least run it to the point just uder were it freaks out hehe ALso nice cables! I just cannot wait for watercooling so I can make the tubes glow
Old 01-08-2003, 06:15 PM
CiKoTiC

If you had an Intel CPU, I would recommend using the same
motherbaord Polpot has. He got a great board with the
Abit IT7-Max2 V2.0. If DDR mem was as fast as RDRAM, I would certainly go the same route he did.

I think the trick to owning an ATI card is to have ATI friendly
hardware to go with it.