Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 03-13-2003, 07:59 PM
Marine

Default Wierd

does anyone know why my rig or whatever it is keeps acting wierd. What happens it eventually after like an hour or something my compute doesn't go on internet explorer or anything it says i am offline. My modem and router both say everything is hooked up and working. but my computer says it can't access the internet although it does say in the netwokring folder is hooked up and operating.any ideas. i usually have to wait like 15 mintues and restart and up the net comes again.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:55 PM
Marine

hey guys i figured out what is causeing the problem but idk how it is. It's the game counterstrike everytime i refresh or try to get on it on a server it does that. andy suggestions i'm gonna download the beta with steam maybe that is it? lol anyways give me some ideas.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:59 PM
Golden Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to wizbones

Have you turned off the power settings? Sounds like your hardware is going to sleep and not waking up properly.

I would recommend disabling all power/sleep functions and see how it goes. Wouldn't hurt to check the bois power saving features also. Sometimes the ol' hybernation features just don't work correctly.

My 2 cents
The Maximum Effective Range of an Excuse is Zero point Zero Meters!
Old 03-13-2003, 09:33 PM
Marine

i don't that is it man. i only have it so my rig goes on standby when i hit the button in the front of it.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Golden Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to wizbones

I've heard of some online games killing the TCP/IP connection and requiring a reboot to get it back. Never caught a fix for it. Recommend the manufacturers site for the game. Look for patches, faq etc.
The Maximum Effective Range of an Excuse is Zero point Zero Meters!
Old 03-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Marine

i found out the problem it's my router. for some reason ti doesn't work with CS.so i'm taking it back to radio shack and getting another one.