Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 03-23-2003, 03:50 PM
Layla

Default tcp hits

HELP!! Im using windows me and zone alarm and have noticed recently constant tcp hits when my cable modem is enabled, Zone alarm says it is blocking it however at times it sounds like someone is downloading off my harddrive - ZoneAlarm Pro blocked an incoming connection attempt to port 6346 - is there anything I can do to find out why this is happening and to keep it from happening and being so annoying? Thank you
Old 03-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Grinnin Reaper

If you have a router, you could go in and block the ports they are hitting if you want, just be carefull and not block ports you need. Look in Zonealarm and see if it's always the same IP. A program called visual route, could trace it back to the source so you can see if it's always centered in the same local, it'll also tell you who it's from to a point. Also if your using file sharing programs it could be that they are still trying to download shared files.
Old 03-23-2003, 11:18 PM
Layla

Thanks for the reply, i dont use any file sharing programs and its always a different ip constantly changing, maybe whoever is hittin on me will get annoyed one of these days and go play with someone else, i will look into the program you suggested though, thanks