Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 03-27-2003, 06:58 PM
Johnnydao

Default Sound Problem

When I play my MP3, it often crash when its playing after 30-60 mins. Thinking this was Winamp problem, it also crash when I play media files such as avi, mpeg, or whatever I play for sometime. First the sound would cut out than the computer would freeze. There's no way to end the task or program. When I'm lucking enough to end the task I still am not able to replay the file at all. So far this has happened with Sonique, Winamp, Windows Media, and even playing Command & Conquer Generals for some time. In order to get the sound to work again, I would have to do a hard reset. Can anyone think of any idea why this would be happening?
Old 03-27-2003, 07:02 PM
Marine

update your drivers maybe.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

I agree. It could also be a bad sound card. Go to driverguide.com for drivers.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:44 PM
Johnnydao

I'm using the onboard audio and have the lastest driver that I need from RealTek. So there shouldn't be a problem from there. It's hard to determine the problem because most of the time the mp3 would play for hours and there's others where it would crash all audio/media software. It's not that the files are bad because it would happen to avi, mp3 and even the games that's being played would cut out and crash. It's so random that these things happen. It just makes it harder to isolate the problem. One day I could watch Window Media play a movie for 45 mins. until it crash. Than there's others where I watch the same movie and it would crash in 30 mins. Worse comes to worse, I'll have to reformat the computer and start off fresh.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

That's probably going to fix your problem. Also, installing everything fresh again makes your system much faster.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:53 PM
Marine

reformat
Old 04-05-2003, 08:06 AM
Bad-B-Billy

Before you do Format, If you have more than one stick of RAM installed on your M/B.
Try taking all but one of them out,Turn Computy on,If it still Crashes, Install another stick in its place , (1 Stick RAM installed at a time)
See if you can find the stick causing the prob.

Most times when freak crashes like this happen,RAM is at fault.

I've even had BSOD and other wonderful error messages pop up and after two days of trying to figure it out,was ready to reFormat,then i took out my sticks of RAM and found a film of dirt on one of the RAM slots on the M/B.Once cleaned computy ran fine without errors.
Weird eh? Go figure , (Mental note:Must keep inside of Computy Box clean)

Anyways just give it a try ,you never know might save you a reFormat,Hopefully.

Catcha,
Billy.