Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 04-05-2003, 10:26 PM
richie

Default KERNEL32.DLL Error when adding another USB Device

My Palm Pilot stopped Hotsyncing with my computer. It appears my serial ports no longer work. I bought a USB to serial cable to get around using the serial ports. After loading the software that came with the cable (a COM5 was created), the following error appeared on my monitor: 'Lexbces has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL. Lexbces will now close.' I am no longer able to print (LEXMARK printer) but now my Palm hotsyncs again with the computer. I have to pull the USB to serial cable connector out in order to print.

It appears I have some sort of conflict and I'm not sure if there are some settings that can be modified to get around the errors. Any ideas?
Old 06-20-2003, 07:12 AM
newguy

Default i get something similar

i get it when i play half-life it after it minmizes i get back into and go to exit than it says hl has caused and error in kernel32.dll hl will now close. i was wondering if anyone had any ideas its really annoying
Old 06-20-2003, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

It seems as if your BIOS has disabled your Serial and Parallel ports. Would you be comfortable changing settings in your BIOS?