Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 08-16-2001, 03:03 AM
FunkyMonk

Default more troubles

hey guys and gals.  I'm have been having problems with my mouse recently.  It is an Microsoft Explorer Optical Mouse and it has been working well for about a year now.  Recently, however, it the pointer seems to stop and not want to go any farther for a few seconds no matter how much I move the mouse.  sometimes the computer freezes for a little while and i can't move the pointer anywhere after that.  I end up rebooting the computer.  Sometimes the keyboard goes with it.  It went away on its own about a month ago, but it kicked up again.  Any suggestions?  I've already tried moving my 128 mb stick over to the DIMM 1 slot and taking out the other two 32mb sticks.  Should I try running less things in the system tray?  I can usually freeze it before starting any programs.  Thanks for any help.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:43 AM
SinnopS

Default Re: more troubles

it could be a number of things, mainly the wonderful stability of good old windows. Nit sure exactly what it is, but try running less programs in the back ground, the less the better. Also, try defragmenting the harddrive, that may help somewhat. what OS are you running?
Old 08-16-2001, 11:42 AM
FunkyMonk

win 98
Old 08-16-2001, 02:31 PM
FunkyMonk

i downloaded this task manager and it says kernel32.dll has 90% CPU usage.  I don't know if that means if it is taking up 90% of my CPU's resources or if it is just 90% of its current processing.  What is kernel32.dll?  From what I understand dll's communicate between your software and your OS?
Old 08-16-2001, 11:36 PM
FunkyMonk

I've signed up to dl XP RC2.  Hopefully that will help.
Old 08-18-2001, 09:21 AM
FunkyMonk

Apparently other people have been having this same problem with the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer! :'(  Poop on this mouse.  Anyone have any suggestions on a good laser mouse?  I can suggest what NOT to get. :-/ ::weeps for the $50 wasted::
Old 08-18-2001, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe

I have a simlilar problem with the MS Optical mouse.  The problem that i am having is that sometimes my mouse goes waco and moves all over the screen for a few seconds and then freezes.  This only happens once in a while.