Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 08-14-2001, 07:29 PM
Josh1

Default Chat room

Another idea, is that get a chat room on the site, for the users that want real time help, or just to chat about anything really.  You might want to have a look at http://www.livehelper.com  This applet has remote desktop, really cool I think. Very usefull also.
Old 08-14-2001, 07:48 PM
SinnopS

Default Re: Chat room

thats a great idea. an IRC chat or simmilar would be great. that live helper thing is pretty cool too
Old 08-14-2001, 08:01 PM
Josh1

Yes it is, very good idea for the site.  It would help the site out big time.  Remote acess helps alot, it is real cool.  I think it would be a good add to the site.  They have alot of the remote acess applet on other sites, so I think it would help.
Old 08-24-2001, 04:46 PM
lynchmob

Good idea, except whenever I am logged on during the daytime hours I am either the only one on the site, or there is only one other person.  Does this support the idea of a chat room?
Old 08-24-2001, 06:02 PM
Josh1

Well its pretty simple the way it works.  The operator downloads the software on the PC, then they log on.  Whenever a client logs on to the Applet the operator is notfied that a user at whatever IP as logged on. So they converse.  If no one is logged on then you will get a message saying so and then ask to leave an email if you wish.  If the operator are logged on but busy, then you will get a message saying all are busy, and you can wait for the next one.  There is no limt on the operators that can be logged on, I don't think so.  
I agree with you as it is not the idea of a "Chat Room" Such as ICQ, AOl , and Paltalk.  More like Netmetting or MSN IM or YIM.  As the "Chat Room" I'm sure if they wanted to they could put one one the site.  More or less like this, if a user wants live help right then and there then that is what the applet is mainly used for.  
Old 08-25-2001, 04:03 PM
SinnopS

well, this is what we got now...

http://www.netsmog.com/cgi-bin/yabb/...&num=998776096

thats untill we can get soemthing more userfriendly