Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:06 PM
HigHTecHReDNecK
Techie

Default Wireless wont connect

Ok I'll try and make this understandable, but I'm not a network person AT ALL.

I hooked up a netgear wireless router , and it works, got one pc wired to it.

I put in a usb wireless fob into a pc and got it working, the monitor it the tray see's the netgear router, and I enter my password and it connects. Now the other tray Icon ( the little pc monitor with the wireless signal) connects but says limited or no connectivity. I've tryed uninstalling everything, renewing the IP , but still it doesnt see any wireless to connect to?

Any ideals ???? I hate wireless
Old 05-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Junior Techie

Have you logged into the router yet to check the settings?

Usually they have an address like 192.168.0.x. Look up your router and log into it and make sure that DHCP is turned on.

If DHCP is turned off then it is acting like an access point and only the wired computer will get an ip address.

I'm no expert, so others might be able to give you better advice, but this might? be the problem.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Techie

Send a message via AIM to pchangover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablehiccups View Post
Have you logged into the router yet to check the settings?

Usually they have an address like 192.168.0.x. Look up your router and log into it and make sure that DHCP is turned on.

If DHCP is turned off then it is acting like an access point and only the wired computer will get an ip address.

I'm no expert, so others might be able to give you better advice, but this might? be the problem.
Yeah it sounds like you are getting partial information from the router and not the whole bit. I have had this problem with a few of my wireless routers. Do what cable said and log into your router to make sure all of your settings are correct. Then if that still doesn't work then I would try updating the firmware on the router, as it might be a bug, or get in touch with customer service. I know Linksys and D-Link have superb customer service in my opinion.