Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Techie

Default don't login?...help please

my friend got past bess and made sure he wasn't traced...
he won't tell me how he did it...so can someone help me out?

he would only give me hints like:

Don't login...

Don't startup...

and he drew a picture of a penguin...i think this has to do with not using windows xp...can anyone clue me in please.....thank you for all your help!
Old 11-19-2006, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

He's implying you should use Linux, but he sure as hell didn't prevent himself from being traced. Monitoring network traffic would give him away regardless of OS selection. BTW, Bess is weak, it should be a cake walk sidestep.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Techie

ya i got past bess with an anonymizer...but my friend says i can still be traced....and i dont wanna get caught bypassing their filter

so if you could help me either prevent being traced, or even lead me on a new path....

it would be greatly appreciated

you also have to realize taht im not taht great with technology...hehe thanks
Old 11-21-2006, 10:57 AM
TWL Owner

The policy of better safe than sorry might apply. Especially if you are not so good with technology. Trying to cheat the system is never a good philosophy. They put the filter in place for a reason.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Techie

doh!...well thanks anyway i guess...it is just that im bored in computer class and i do all my homework in study hall..

im not just trying to get past filter...im trying to learn more about computers all around..

this is just the first subject im learning about so if you dont want to help i understand

thanks anyway
Old 11-28-2006, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Well, if your goal is truly learning, I would suggest learning about computers in general, rather than manipulating network security protocols. To be effective at that, you must know computers very well, and have a strong knowledge of networking. There is no magical workaround that works in many situations. The closest anyone could do is provide strategy for a hack since the details will be application specific. If you still insist on "learning" about bypassing security, a good first step would be to Google "OSI Model". I would instead suggest that you visit PCMechanic. Explore their various sections (especially Hardware, Software, Internet, and How Do I); they actually have a long video explaining how to implement your friend's method. That's what you should do if you really want to learn.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Techie

thank you very much

and yes i do want to learn....so i appreciate all of your suggestions and will try them out

i want to know a lot about computers because i am getting my own very soon

thanks again