Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Junior Techie

Default hackintosh - video driver problems

i read the guidelines before i posted this and am not 100% sure if this is alright - so mods, please delete this thread if i made a mistake.

anywho, i just installed a hackintosh OS (on a separate partition of course) in my 3.2ghz hyperthread 1gb ram PC rig and everything is running smoothly - save for the video. right now, i have it running 1024x768 on my 20 inch monitor (which is an awful waste of space) and all that i acutally need is a hackintosh driver for my motherboard/built-in video card which is an intel d865 chipset or something. i'm sure i can get a cheap video card off ebay real quick, but was wondering if anybody had some info, or better yet, drivers for this. at least 1280, or 1600 resolution is ideal for me and all my photoshoppery. would apperciate any help.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Drivers are generally limited to what Apple provides, but aftermarket video cards are made for Mac Pros, so you could check vender sites.

One of the Apple-used chipsets is the GMA 950, also by Intel, so perhaps you could pursue that route? I imagine there may be some driver commonality among the Intel chips, but I'm not familiar with the one you have onboard.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Administrator

The chipset on that board of yours is the 865G this site looks to detail how it's done. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.p...509&#entry4509