Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 05-19-2003, 01:41 PM
CiKoTiC

Default A+ study materials?

Anyone know of a good resource (web, books, etc) that I can study so I can take my A+ exams?

I'm not interested in practice exams right now, I just want to review the actual material covered in the exams.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:30 PM
konvict

I used A+ cert for dummies

passed both tests first time, easy as hell, the book is great.

www.gamernews.net
Old 06-24-2003, 10:24 PM
CiKoTiC

Yea, I bought the A+ Cert Exam Guide Rev4 by Osborne. Most excellent book. Comes with plenty of practice exams on CD.

Passed the A+ with ease. Next is Net+.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Junior Techie

Okay, maybe I am sounding very naive here, or am just too tired to think, but if you don't mind my asking, what are the A+ exams?
Old 06-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

From http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/

Quote:
CompTIA A+® Certification
CompTIA A+ certification is an international industry credential that validates the knowledge of computer service technicians with the equivalent of 500 hours of hands-on experience. Major hardware and software vendors, distributors and resellers accept CompTIA A+ as the standard in foundation-level, vendor-neutral certification for service technicians. The exams cover a broad range of hardware and software technologies, but are not bound to any vendor-specific products. The skills and knowledge measured by the CompTIA A+ exams were derived from an industry-wide and worldwide job task analysis. To date, more than 500,000 individuals have obtained CompTIA A+ certification.

Earning CompTIA A+ certification proves that a candidate has a broad base of knowledge and competency in core hardware and operating system technologies including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and basic networking.
I have it.
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 06-09-2006, 12:52 AM
Junior Techie

Thanks so much for the information. That sounds like it would be very useful and something I would enjoy, I may have to look into that more.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:10 AM
Techie

The thing about certifications is that...yes you do have a proven knowledge, but sometime they just feel like a normal paper sheet :/

In college, when we asked what certification X or certification Y, the answer was generally "to have it."