Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 10-29-2006, 11:18 PM
Junior Techie

Default Someone is searching my IP addy

I am not the most technology savvy person but I know a little.
I had a blog on blogspot with a statcounter on it.
I found out my ex (three weeks ago we seperated) typed in the IP addy and was doing a google search.
He found a forum I post on.

I am now worried he will do something else.
I have windows xp
Internet explorer
Norton 2006 but it has expired. Yes I know I should renew it.
I have already changed all my passwords and I don't keep the remember them clicked on the computer. I need to add them each time.

I called internet provider but they cannot change IP addy.
I am thinking of going with a different provider.

My main concerns are what can he do to my computer with this info and how much can he find online with my ip addy.

TIA
Old 10-31-2006, 09:34 PM
TWL Owner

Well you probably dont need to change your IP address, but you do need a firewall in place. More importantly you need to change your password to sign in to your actual computer. This can be found in the control panel under Profiles. If you are worried and available during the day then contact me through AIM/MSN and I can help you through it. I can even remote into your PC setup the necessary changes and then leave you in a good position with a new password. I can leave you at the spot where you type your new password so only you know it. If you have a router we will need to change the settings there too and I can help with that.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

You can also get a new IP address by powering off and on your modem. This will force the DHCP server to give you a new IP address. I would also get a router (since most have NAT, short for network address translation, a technology which gives your computer a separate IP address from the one used to interact with the Internet).
Old 10-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Junior Techie

hey guys someone got to know my IP (DSL router), is it bad??? can he hack in to my PC cos of it?????O worse????? Wot can i do???? please HELP!!!!!!! <the guy's good on PC, thats the problem>
Old 11-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Many people can be considered good on a PC, but very few can actually do anything consequential by just having your IP. He can potentially take complete virtual control of your computer remotely, he most likely can do no more than ping you, which has no consequences on your use of your computer.