Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Junior Techie

Default Please Help Me!

I am new to the computer world and I am already having problems.
As far as I know I have an M922LU (V 5.0) motherboard that has ports for both SD and DDR ram. I only have 96 megs of ram now, and have just purchased a Samsung DDR 400MHz 1 GB (PC 3200) 184 Pin ram stick. I was told that this is compatible with my motherboard but I can not get it to work. My computer will turn on but my monitor does not. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:36 PM
TWL Owner

Look in your motherboard manual for the jumper that resets your bios. Or simply unplug the power to your PSU, wait 10 seconds, then take the battery out of the motherboard, wait 10 seconds, put the battery back in, then put the power plug back in the PSU and try turning on the power. It will beep and give you a message on the screen that the bios needs to be set.

Only other thing I can think is that the memory may be in the wrong socket or you may not be able to put in a 1GB stick, you may need to have 2 x 512 instead. My personal experience with the motherboards that take both original SD and the DDR is that they never worked right with DDR in them. I suggest you upgrade to a new modern setup.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:37 PM
TWL Owner

If you decide to go the route of a new PC I can assist. Just PM me.