Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:56 AM
Junior Techie

Thumbs up Need a contact form

Hello,

I need a contact form on my website, that will send to my email address what the visitor enter in the form fields. The problem is that I can't run any php scripts.. is there a way to use some html form?

Old 07-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Golden Techie

Send a message via AIM to Napster

hey man, there is this website on the internet called google.com. You can ask it questions and it will give you answers! It's amazing! You should try it sometime.

here's how to LEARN to make a form because knowledge is power.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp
Old 07-20-2007, 02:33 AM
Junior Techie

Lightbulb

Thank you for your suggestions! I found a site that offers remotely hosted contact forms, www.emailmeform.com . Basically, I paste the html code in my website, and it calls the php script on their server who sends the email.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega

Although you seem to have found a solution, you should note that if you have other options available (e.g. perl, python, etc.) that you can run from a cgi-bin, there are lots of free mail scripts available that don't depend on php.

It's also important to remember that unless you're using SSL for your form, any information the user submits to you is unencrypted between their computer and your web server. Additionally, if you're doing something simple like emailing the results like this, the information will be unencrypted between your server and emailmeform.com (not to mention the loss of privacy by going through a third party server), and then emailmeform.com and your email server, and then possibly also your email server and your computer (if you're not using SSL for checking your email).