Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Case Mods & Cooling

Old 12-18-2006, 08:21 AM
Junior Techie

Default system not starting after removing the heatsink

Hi

I have intel 915 GVW motherboard ,Pentium 4 3.0 GHz with 2mb L2 Cache,512 DDR Ram and Win XP professional.the problem is that i open my system and removed the Intel heatsink from the processor to remove the dust and then installed it again i didnt remove the paste that was put on the processor .The probelm is that the system is not booting it boots for 10 sec and then shuts down automaticaly and then i try to start it second time it gives a beep sound .
somebody told me that the Ram has become corrupted while somebody is saying to put artic silver on the processor and then start it .what do i do.
Can anyone help me out .
Old 12-18-2006, 09:12 AM
Platinium Techie

Send a message via AIM to Tyler Send a message via MSN to Tyler

If it is only booting for about 10 seconds it is possible that the heatsink isn't seated properly and the processor is getting to hot.

Whenever removing your heatsink it is strongly recommended to reapply some new thermal paste. I would apply some new paste and reseat the heatsink then see what happens.