Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Networking

Old 05-30-2003, 07:40 AM
ChronicFrost

Default I have an idea!

>
Why not just try to set up a program to use when you want to surf the net without bess? I mean if you had a laptop and hooked it up to the t1/1000 lines at school you would be on the network. So all you would have to do is basically write a program! Its a great idea! Then you could sell millions of these little Anti-Bess Cd's at an underground CD shop.
-Or i could write the schools and tell them i will jump off a bridge if they dont remove bess. Suprised i can go here.[/quote]
Old 06-06-2003, 10:34 AM
oh-ho

Default kill bessor go around

i know how you can download AIM from the website then installing it. you just have to use http://pheeshi.com/aleks/access.php? then add in you url. it can take you any where except pictures dont always load quickly
Old 06-12-2003, 10:31 AM
coolman

Default BESS

I want to play on runescape.com can someone tell me how to get there cuz i can't play with that freaking bess popping up.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:39 PM
Black.Dragon

Default Getting around Bess

if your school has any macs running os 9.2 (no matter how much of a user restriction) there is always a way to launch the browser. (if you have photoshop, say in the art department, then just click the "adobe online" button and it will launch it) from there, if you type in a url but then stop it before the message comes up saying access denied and then change your IP address. and press refresh it will load the page(works only once and then you have to change the ip again)

this will work most of the time unless they restricted the browser specifically. (usually not the case)

Good luck, and you can always try a proxy server.

(This information brought to you from hours of testing during a digital arts class)
Old 07-14-2003, 10:00 AM
BigBlake

Default Bess Sux

Ok. bess at our school, even watches out for the loopholes. I cant even click on any of these links ya'll have given out. Does anyone have any advice????? I hope so.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Is Bess installed on each computer or is it a service rendered through a router?
Old 07-16-2003, 11:55 AM
neo

Default websense

i am at the public library in chandler,Arizona and there is this firewall called websense on it i cant play runescape. i have been trying for days now to get into to runescape or any other game sites but it wont let me. I have tried proxies but they wont let me play the game either anyway if anyone knows how to get around this please let me know
Old 07-17-2003, 01:45 AM

lol. Websense. I remember when that used to limit me at school. Alright. I'm going to look for a link. It's easier than explaining it. I'll be back
Old 08-19-2003, 10:15 AM
devonthepimpdogg

Default I Hate Bess

Anyone find a way to get past Bess? email me devonthepimpdogg@yahoo.com
Old 08-24-2003, 11:56 AM
hiroshi

Default it worked for a school year or so

Well ti begin i went to altavista.com then i clicked translate i placed the site i wanted to goto in the bar. then i changed the lanuag e fto german to english .

when the proxy see the ip header it reads altavistas ip not aim so try it and have fun