TechwareLabs Forums

TechwareLabs Forums (http://www.techwarelabs.com/forums/index.php)
-   Operating Systems (http://www.techwarelabs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   operating system problems (http://www.techwarelabs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39122)

ellis123 01-12-2012 07:26 PM

operating system problems

Hi advise neaded please

I bought a cheap laptop for mrs to use and it was running win95 and i wanted at least 98se loading on it.
I went through the procedure of reformatting the hard drive as ive done on numourous occasions with main pc.
The problem is its not letting the windows load onto the laptop and think its down to having interchangable floppy/cd as before when ive done it on pc i have floppy in reading and then cd starts of when neaded.
on laptop i put floppy in and then its aborting as it cant find drives etc then its wanting cd and its not there until i pull floppy out and change with cd device.

Is there anyway round loading the os on it or is it ready for the bin.

Chris 01-20-2012 06:19 PM

Honestly, I'm not sure why you're bothering with a laptop that's running windows 95 (or 98 for that matter). If price is an issue for you, you can find cheap netbooks for around $200. They'd have way better performance than anything that came installed from the factory with windows 95.

Otherwise it's just better to bite the bullet and buy a new laptop.

AlfredRayne 06-21-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 40014)
Honestly, I'm not sure why you're bothering with a laptop that's running windows 95 (or 98 for that matter). If price is an issue for you, you can find cheap netbooks for around $200. They'd have way better performance than anything that came installed from the factory with windows 95.

Otherwise it's just better to bite the bullet and buy a new laptop.

Yeah, I would also have buyed a new laptop rather than using a laptop running on windows 95 or 98 platform.

norhdral 07-11-2012 09:13 AM

I too agree. Now a days you get many laptops having latest technologies i think you should go for that.
espresso shaker cabinets

AlacratStore 10-05-2012 08:30 AM

I am tried to upgrade my xp using xp cd but due to an error the process was aborted and when starting the system i am seeing 2 options one for xp setup and other for my os. how to remove the option of xp setup.

SepmaAshey 11-06-2012 01:58 PM

laptop would have way better performance than anything that came installed from the factory with windows 95.

Jason 11-06-2012 04:44 PM

What you are running into is the issue where the laptop wants you to load the drivers for the IDE controller before it can find the hard drive. I highly suggest throwing the laptop from the roof of a building (IE trash it). You will get a generational difference in performance with anything newer running windows 7/8.

woodriff.M 01-26-2013 09:23 AM

I think you should consider a newer version because you will have a hard time for an old OS.