View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 12:57 AM

If I were you, I'd invest in getting an SSD. Dollar for dollar it's the most noticeable upgrade you can make for a computer. Windows will load waaaay faster than you thought it could. Load times in games are a fraction of what they were. Something like the OCZ Agility2 I think would be in your price range. I'm not really sure how expensive the tech market is in Europe, as we're based in the US. You can use the SSD as the primary boot drive and then your 400GB drive for storing data.

If you did opt for a second 8800GTX, your current power supply should be able to handle it, but I wouldn't put much more on it after that. As far as cooling goes, you listed a CoolerMaster case. They usually make pretty good stuff, but I don't know if you have a mid tower or a full tower. That can make a difference as far as airflow is concerned. If it's a full tower, you'll probably be fine on stock cooling as long as you're not doing some crazy overclocking (if memory serves, I think you could get the E6600 up to 3GHz on stock voltage). If it's a mid tower, you may start running into thermal issues, as those cards do put out a ton of heat.

If you use you machine for website building, I'm guessing you're probably using some combo of Photoshop and Dreamweaver or equivalent (maybe you're an asp.net kind of guy). You may see a little bit of a boost with more RAM, but it probably wouldn't be as noticeable as getting an SSD. Photoshop loves using SSD's for scratch space.

I think I've answered all of your questions. Let me know if you have any more. We're always glad to help