PDA

View Full Version : Help

Grinnin Reaper
06-23-2001, 02:19 PM
I'm starting to get annoyed at Windows. SPAMEvery once in a while I get a B.S.O.D. and a message saying stack overflow a VxD possibly installed has resulted in an error when starting up. SPAMI haven't installed anything new. SPAMJust running 98 se with Zone Alarm and a power desk toolbar. SPAMNorton Antivirus and MSN messenger also startup but only Power desk toolbar is part of my start-up programs. SPAMIt really pisses me of because then my I have to restart. SPAMIt tells me to increase my minsps in system.ini but there is no such setting I have found. SPAMPlease help before I take out my vengance on my Laptop.

SinnopS
06-23-2001, 03:33 PM
Humm... do you have all the latest updates? if so there may be some issues within windows that are deep down that are causing the problems. Perhaps its time for a reinstall?

kfan
06-23-2001, 03:39 PM
Try the VxD patch here PCtech (http://freepctech.com/index.php) . Look for the VxD fix in the top downloads area.

Grinnin Reaper
06-23-2001, 05:45 PM
Thanks Kfan I tried and will see how it works. ;D

kfan
06-23-2001, 05:48 PM
You're welcome. I hope it helps.

bwbarbieri
08-14-2001, 07:33 PM
The last time I saw "stack overflow" I think it was due to bad or incorrect configuration of RAM.

Grinnin Reaper
08-15-2001, 12:58 AM
Actually it may have been something I did. SPAMI have a sound clip I cut and had it as the start up sound. SPAMIt's Dr Evil's speech on sharks with freakin' laser beems attached to their heads. SPAMBut I cut out Sea Bass and inserted "Welcome to Windows 98". SPAMJust seemed to fit better. SPAMOh well, I went with something shorter and so far It's seemed to stop the problem at least until the next time I turn it on.