Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > General Board

Old 11-27-2001, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe
Default My job sucks, does yours?

Today, I made the stricking realization that my job sucks the big one.  I work in customer service, and it is awful!  I have to deal with customers that cannot even double click on a frickin' icon, and others do not even know what the desktop is.  COME ON, desktop!!!  Why do these people even buy computers! ahhhhhh!

I am looking for a job in south-eastern wisconsin... is anyone hiring?

email keefe@netsmog.com
Old 11-27-2001, 10:27 PM
knight1976

Default Re: My job sucks, does yours?

LOL everyonoes job sux ass man!!! Sorry to tell ya but if you dont work for yourself life sux !!
Old 11-28-2001, 01:00 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega
Default My job is the best!

My job's really cool.  I work for alwaysBEthere Wireless Communications.  I co-made their web page (like, last week), but other than that I don't really do much.  Every so often I'll sell stuff on eBay for my boss, fix the network when it dies, get free pop and food, choose my own hours, etc.  We probably are hiring, but we're not in SE Wisconsin :'(.  Oh yeah, I also was assigned to hack a Palm application, hehe ;-).
Old 11-28-2001, 12:18 PM
Bobbie

Hey Man,
If you don't like your job QUIT, and quit gripping.  You could alwas join the Army and go over and fight those RAGHEADS.

: :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'( ;D
Old 11-28-2001, 01:00 PM
Propig

At some point everyone will think their job isn't work the toilet paper to wipe it with. However, if you are at the bottom there really is only one way to go! I have thought for a year now that I was working with big ******** jerks and really not very smart people too. But I just found out that all that suffering may (or may not) be worth it! I am being given a 10K raise in January to bring my salary up, plus I get my regular increase in April, plus I am actually making it to our IT department ( I am in a service department currently - just doing IT work - development and such), and I got a dinner included - anywhere I want to go! My suggestion is to drink plenty of beer(not a work) and work your butt off to show that you are better qualified to do stuff other than customer support. And if you really don't like working with people than get a job at the zoo.
Old 11-28-2001, 03:15 PM
The_Other_One

No job yet, only 17.  However, I am the director of our mass media class at school, so thats not a bad job!  And next semester, our computer guy is leaving, so I got to be the new computer guy(I hope...)
Old 11-29-2001, 08:52 PM
Grinnin Reaper

Try stacking Lumber at the local Sawmill on top of a West Virginia Hill.  When the mercury crawls back in that little freakin ball at the end of the thermomter and the snow comes in one side of the mill and goes out the other before hitting the ground your "My life Sucks" lite just about burns itself out.  And Propig I have found that when you reach the bottom of the barrel someone will move it and hand you a shovel.  Oh well could still be back in Jersey so it ain't all that bad.
Old 11-30-2001, 12:53 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega

Did I forget to mention that my work gives me a cell phone and service ;D?  Sorry if I'm rubbing it in too much, but I feel I deserve a good job, after all the crap I've had to put up with in my life...not like all those spoiled people that have their parents pay for a new car at the age of 16, buy them new skis every year, buy them a computer every year, pay their full college education, continue to give them massive amounts of money, with which to buy a new car, or jet ski, or just squander.

Anyways, I'll end my ranting, and just remind you that I'm getting a free cell phone .
Old 11-30-2001, 08:43 AM
Propig

With a shovel one can plant flowers or dig for gold. Or in my case I dug through to China. With no where else to go... I went UP!

One can be philosophical when things are going good. I will be back to normal next week and be posting I hate my job stuff again.
Old 11-30-2001, 12:53 PM
Propig

See, I didn't even make it to Monday. I HATE THE PEOPLE I supposedly WORK WITH!

I dont' actually hate the job. I just hate the dip shits that are supposed to be my co-workers.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Okay. I feel much better now. But just in case I didn't just bring a shovel. I brought a whole back hoe!