PDA

View Full Version : My job sucks, does yours?

Keefe
11-27-2001, 09:32 PM
Today, I made the stricking realization that my job sucks the big one. SPAMI work in customer service, and it is awful! SPAMI have to deal with customers that cannot even double click on a frickin' icon, and others do not even know what the desktop is. SPAMCOME ON, desktop!!! SPAMWhy do these people even buy computers! ahhhhhh!

I am looking for a job in south-eastern wisconsin... is anyone hiring?

email keefe@netsmog.com

knight1976
11-27-2001, 10:27 PM
LOL everyonoes job sux ass man!!! Sorry to tell ya but if you dont work for yourself life sux !!

Omega
11-28-2001, 01:00 AM
My job's really cool. SPAMI work for alwaysBEthere Wireless Communications (http://alwaysbethere.com). SPAMI co-made their web page (like, last week), but other than that I don't really do much. SPAMEvery so often I'll sell stuff on eBay for my boss, fix the network when it dies, get free pop and food, choose my own hours, etc. SPAMWe probably are hiring, but we're not in SE Wisconsin :'(. SPAMOh yeah, I also was assigned to hack a Palm application, hehe ;-).

Bobbie
11-28-2001, 12:18 PM
Hey Man,
If you don't like your job QUIT, and quit gripping. SPAMYou could alwas join the Army and go over and fight those RAGHEADS.

::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D

Propig
11-28-2001, 01:00 PM
At some point everyone will think their job isn't work the toilet paper to wipe it with. However, if you are at the bottom there really is only one way to go! I have thought for a year now that I was working with big ******** jerks and really not very smart people too. But I just found out that all that suffering may (or may not) be worth it! I am being given a 10K raise in January to bring my salary up, plus I get my regular increase in April, plus I am actually making it to our IT department ( I am in a service department currently - just doing IT work - development and such), and I got a dinner included - anywhere I want to go! My suggestion is to drink plenty of beer(not a work) and work your butt off to show that you are better qualified to do stuff other than customer support. And if you really don't like working with people than get a job at the zoo.

The_Other_One
11-28-2001, 03:15 PM
No job yet, only 17. SPAMHowever, I am the director of our mass media class at school, so thats not a bad job! SPAMAnd next semester, our computer guy is leaving, so I got to be the new computer guy(I hope...)

Grinnin Reaper
11-29-2001, 08:52 PM
Try stacking Lumber at the local Sawmill on top of a West Virginia Hill. SPAMWhen the mercury crawls back in that little freakin ball at the end of the thermomter and the snow comes in one side of the mill and goes out the other before hitting the ground your "My life Sucks" lite just about burns itself out. SPAMAnd Propig I have found that when you reach the bottom of the barrel someone will move it and hand you a shovel. SPAMOh well could still be back in Jersey so it ain't all that bad.

Omega
11-30-2001, 12:53 AM
Did I forget to mention that my work gives me a cell phone and service ;D? SPAMSorry if I'm rubbing it in too much, but I feel I deserve a good job, after all the crap I've had to put up with in my life...not like all those spoiled people that have their parents pay for a new car at the age of 16, buy them new skis every year, buy them a computer every year, pay their full college education, continue to give them massive amounts of money, with which to buy a new car, or jet ski, or just squander.

Anyways, I'll end my ranting, and just remind you that I'm getting a free cell phone :p.

Propig
11-30-2001, 08:43 AM
With a shovel one can plant flowers or dig for gold. Or in my case I dug through to China. With no where else to go... I went UP!

One can be philosophical when things are going good. I will be back to normal next week and be posting I hate my job stuff again.

Propig
11-30-2001, 12:53 PM
See, I didn't even make it to Monday. I HATE THE PEOPLE I supposedly WORK WITH!

I dont' actually hate the job. I just hate the dip shits that are supposed to be my co-workers.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Okay. I feel much better now. But just in case I didn't just bring a shovel. I brought a whole back hoe!

Grinnin Reaper
11-30-2001, 03:52 PM
Hey Propig I know the feeling. SPAMI stack the boards and others watch and talk about it. SPAMToday we probably cut about 40 to 45,000 board feet of lumber. SPAMWhich means 4 to 5 tractor and trailer loads of lumber. SPAMSome thick and most of it heavy. SPAMOut of seven people who stack 1 didn't show up, 1 left early, 1 talked about the work being done and 3 stacked boards. SPAMLuckily a couple of guys came over from other parts of the mill to work. SPAMAt least it ain't turned cold yet. SPAMAnd Omega I was in service with my own Laptop, Cell Phone, Pager, and Company Car. SPAMJust got tired of dealing with 30 year-old kids that couldn't SPAMunderstand that don't do this means don't do this. SPAMOh well such is life when you work for a living and wan't handed one. SPAMCould allways be worse. SPAMI could be the man that makes rubber doggie doo and fake vomit for a living.

Propig
11-30-2001, 04:05 PM
Hey Savage, what kind of lumber do you guys have? I am trying to learn how to make stuff out of wood. I am really good with a scroll saw, but I am still trying to master a router. I am making the cabinets for my kitchen - so this should be interesting.

ps. I love the smell of fresh wood.

Grinnin Reaper
12-01-2001, 04:20 AM
Hey Propig. SPAMGood Luck with the Woodworking it can lots of fun. SPAMWe cut just about anything native to West Virginia except pine. SPAMNot sure why we steer clear of it except there isn't much nice pine left around here anymore. SPAMAll of our stuff is very green, some of it you could allmost squeeze the sap out of still. SPAMNext week will be Poplar a very soft wood that has a true green tint and if the was near the right minerals sometime has purple streaks, allthough I believe it fades when they dry the lumber at the dry-kiln. SPAMRed-Oak and cherry would be the prettiest woods I know for wood working for dark woods and Pine is the best for light woods and the easiest to work with because it is a very soft wood. SPAMThe rarest naitive American wood You can try to find is Wormy Chestnut. SPAMA darker wood with worm holes riddled through the entire log. SPAMNot sure but the worms are most likely why it's an extince species of wood. SPAMAmerican Chesnut tree's are all dead in this area. SPAMOnly Chinese Chesnut have grown around here for 40 to 50 years I'm told. SPAMHope that helps and good luck with the woodworking. SPAMBTW my job still sucks.

aoC_PRoZaK
12-01-2001, 09:06 AM
iŽm currently workinŽat a local supermarket for 10 hours/week.
my collegues are pretty nice, but the job suxx. iŽd like to work somewhere assembling SPAMcustom systems or stuff like that. still looking for some better job, primary because of the payment. :-/

Hulaboy
12-03-2001, 12:40 AM
Oh man...I absolutely agree with you on that one Admin! SPAMI used to be in your shoes. SPAMI swear, some people are just not meant to operate computers. SPAMI started off doing that at my school here and with a lot of hard work and perseverance, I am now in charge of the maintenance of our residential network in the dorms here. SPAMI absolutely love me job now. It's a little step but the knowledge that I gain in tinkering around with these new Cisco routers/cable modems and other network equipment definitely will pay off in the long run.

I guess my little advice here is to be a little more patient. SPAMGood things usually come to those who have the desire and the hunger to go after what they want. SPAMI'm sure things will brighten up soon.