PDA

View Full Version : Pacbell DSL disconnecting

Pshawn5
08-06-2002, 11:12 AM
ok my friend is running into a problem with his pacbell dsl service where it will disconnect after every 30 mins or so.
you could be playing a game on the net or just web browsing it doesnt matter, it will disconnect.

he has tried switching modems, ethernet cables, different computers and he still has the same problem.

the dsl company came out and checked his line and they said everything was fine, of course his luck, it didnt disconnect when they were there. he is running XP on both machines... he is not running a router currently..

does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?:confused:

Smoked1
08-06-2002, 12:31 PM
Make sure that he has line filters on every place that plugs in or out. that includes answering machines, phones, etc.

chayes19
10-24-2002, 10:36 PM
I have the same problem. Spoke to a Pacbell service rep today. They state the problem is with their server in San Francisco.

Omega
10-25-2002, 09:29 AM
Does it do it *every* half hour, at exactly the same interval, or approximately every half hour?

I'd say it's almost definately a problem with their service if it's always the same interval,a d it definately demonstrates the same behavior regardless of the hardware used (you sid he'd tried multiple different hardware setups).

From what you described, it sounds,though, more like it does it intermittantly (since it didn't do it while the technician was there). If that's the case, I'd take a look at the line (in the home, presumably). If it's old wire, that could contribute to the problem, as could lack of microfilters (like he already siad).

eviltechie
10-25-2002, 11:51 AM
is the problem still occuring?
if not, its probably on the ISP side