Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 08-06-2002, 11:12 AM
Pshawn5

Default Pacbell DSL disconnecting

ok my friend is running into a problem with his pacbell dsl service where it will disconnect after every 30 mins or so.
you could be playing a game on the net or just web browsing it doesnt matter, it will disconnect.

he has tried switching modems, ethernet cables, different computers and he still has the same problem.

the dsl company came out and checked his line and they said everything was fine, of course his luck, it didnt disconnect when they were there. he is running XP on both machines... he is not running a router currently..

does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?
Old 08-06-2002, 12:31 PM
Smoked1

Make sure that he has line filters on every place that plugs in or out. that includes answering machines, phones, etc.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:36 PM
chayes19

Default pacbell dsl disconnecting

I have the same problem. Spoke to a Pacbell service rep today. They state the problem is with their server in San Francisco.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega

Does it do it *every* half hour, at exactly the same interval, or approximately every half hour?

I'd say it's almost definately a problem with their service if it's always the same interval,a d it definately demonstrates the same behavior regardless of the hardware used (you sid he'd tried multiple different hardware setups).

From what you described, it sounds,though, more like it does it intermittantly (since it didn't do it while the technician was there). If that's the case, I'd take a look at the line (in the home, presumably). If it's old wire, that could contribute to the problem, as could lack of microfilters (like he already siad).
Old 10-25-2002, 11:51 AM
eviltechie

is the problem still occuring?
if not, its probably on the ISP side