ASUS has been establishing themselves as a top tier brand in the past few years, building on their already solid reputation for quality motherboards and graphics cards with an increasingly large line of computer peripherals and even complete systems. Today we’ll be looking at the WL-520gU, a low-cost home gateway router offering 802.11g wireless, 10/100baseT Ethernet, and a fair number of promises about performance. With the home networking market already dominated by Linksys, Netgear, and D-Link, ASUS is going to have a rough time establishing a foothold. Take a look with us, and see if the 520gU is up to the challenge.
EZ Wireless Router with All-in-One Printer Server
- All-in-One Printer Server: Wirelessly and simultaneously share printing and scanning functions for multiple users
- Auto-detection and New EZ UI (Easy User Interface): delivers the easiest and fastest way to setup your router.
- EZ QoS – Powerful and easily-operated BOD (Bandwidth On Demand) streamlines your Gaming/Audio/Video experience.
Features & Specifications
- BroadRange™ delivers 300% more signal coverage than standard 802.11g
- 125 High Speed Mode(HSM) technology enables 135% transfer speed compared to standard 11g product
Operating Frequency: 2.4G ~ 2.5GHz
Data Rate: 802.11g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54Mbps 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11Mbps
Operation Channel: 11 for N. America, 14 Japan, 13 Europe (ETSI)
LAN Ports: WAN x 1, LAN x 4 RJ45 for 10/100 BaseT
Antenna Support: Antenna Diversity, 1 internal antenna on board, 1 external detachable antenna
LED Indicator: Power x 1, AIR x 1, WAN x 1, LAN x 4
Security: 64/128-bit WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA-TKIP/AES, WPA-PSK, WPA-ENT, Radius with 802.1x
Authentication: MAC address, 802.1x
Firewall: NAT Firewall, SPI (Stateful Package Inspection) Firewall, WAN ping control, Single Port and Port Range filter, URL based filter, MAC Address filter
Network Protocol: Support UPnP, DHCP, DNS Proxy, NTP Client, DDNS, Port Trigger, Virtual Server, Virtual DMZ, VPN
- EZQoS – BODTM (Bandwidth-On-Demand)
- WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia)
- Device Discovery: Discover WL520GU in network and help user to invoke Web Configuration page
- EZSetup: Help you to setup wireless and Internet connection easily
- Firmware Restoration: Restore firmware while system enters rescue mode
- Network Printer Setup Program (in utility CD): Share your MFP (multifunction printer) scanning and printing function simultaneously and wirelessly.
- Operating: 50~90%;
- Storage: 20~90%
DC Power Adapter: WL-520GU: DC Output: +5V with max. 2A current Note: Use only the adapter included in the package. Using other adapters may damage the device.