AMD and Intel have been going back and forth for sometime now. Intel produces the fastest, most energy efficient and most expensive systems; AMD has taken the “band for your buck” approach with their very inexpensive high end and versatile systems. Now, it seems, AMD is getting more aggressive with what they have in store for us: a new chipset.
Today, AMD has announced their new chipset, the 890GX chipset. This chipset offers a lot of new functionality and brings forth unprecedented speed in I/O. We are talking increased SATA 3 and even more USB ports. Not to mention a great board for home theater, making it a very versatile board. Today we are looking at the Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H, Gigabyte’s first board to offer AMD’s new chipset. SATA 3 is fully involved and USB is even more prevalent in both 2.0 and 3.0 form. Check out the Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H and their new 890GX after the break.
Gigabyte and the 890GPA-UD3H
“Taipei, Taiwan, March 3, 2010 – GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions today proudly launched their latest AMD AM3 Socket GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard, delivering loads of performance enhancing bandwidth for applications such as high end gaming and high speed data transfer on systems featuring new AMD 6 core CPUs.
The first motherboard featuring the AMD 890GX chipset paired with the all new SB850 South Bridge, the GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H offers the industry’s first native support for Serial ATA 6Gbps for up to 6 devices. The AMD SB850 also offers the industry’s first Serial ATA 6 Gbps RAID support, allowing users to configure RAID 0,1,5 and 10 for maximum data performance or enhanced data backup. Also equipped with GIGABYTE 3x USB Power Boost and USB 3.0 support by utilizing the industry-leading NEC® controller, the GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H ensures users are ready to take advantage the next wave of high speed data transfer and storage technologies.
“Giving users power over their high definition content is really at the heart of what the GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H is all about,” commented Tim Handley, Deputy Director of Motherboard Marketing at GIGABYTE Technology Co. Ltd. “Not only does the GA-890GPA-UD3H deliver the industry’s highest performing integrated graphics solution with flawless HD video playback, but enabling SATA 6 Gbps with RAID functionality, USB 3.0 support and GIGABYTE 3x Power Boost means that users are able to spend less time waiting for their content to transfer, and more time to actually enjoy it.”
The GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H also features the integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 4290 IGP (Integrated Graphics Processor) with DirectX 10.1 support and 128M DDR3 sideport memory, allowing for easy overclock of the default 700MHz GPU clock up to 1150MHz for a 3DMark06 score of 3300 or above, which is 18% higher than the previous generation AMD 790GX chipset and higher than any other IGP platform. The graphics potential of the board is further extended with the addition of two PCI-E 2.0 x16 graphics slots, allowing users to run ATI CrossFireX™ (running at x8,x8), or a single card at x16 including the next generation DirectX 11 graphics cards for some ATI Hybrid CrossFireX™ action, providing an enhanced level of gaming performance, productivity and platform power efficiency.”
- AMD 890GX + SB850 Chipset
- Ultra Durable 3 Classic Technology with copper cooled quality for lower working temperature
- Revolution energy saving design with Easy Energy Saver technology
- Supports newest NEC SuperSpeed USB 3.0 with superfast transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps
- 3X USB power delivery for greater compatibility and extra power for USB devices
- AMD SB850 provides native SATA3 storage interface with superfast 6Gbps link speed
- Supports AMD AM3 Phenom II/ Athlon II processors
- Dual Channel DDR3 1866+ for remarkable system performance
- Built-in a 128MB DDR3 Sideport Memory for accelerating graphics performance
- Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4290 graphics (DirectX10.1)
- 2 PCI-E 2.0 x16 interface with ATI CrossFireX/ Hybrid CrossFireX technology support
- Supports Dolby Home Theater audio to enjoy a rich surround sound experience
- Integrated HDMI/ DVI interface for Full HD 1080 Blu-ray playback with HDCP
- Compatible with Window 7 to deliver the best operation experience
- Meet European Union EuP(Energy-using Products) requirement