It would seem the growing trend lately is bigger, better and faster. Sometimes bigger is not always better, as in the case of Gigabytes new GA-G41M- ES2h micro ATX motherboard. This board promises to pack a ton of features into the small 9.6″x9.6″ dimensions that make up the micro ATX standard. What may come as a surprise due to its small size and relatively low price range, is this board is designed for high end multimedia and mainstream gaming. Join me in giving this little board a full rundown to really see what its made of, and if Gigabyte can really pull off putting lots of features into a small price and smaller package.
The GA-G41M-ES2H based on the Intel G41 chipset supports the latest Intel 45nm CPUs, creating a powerful multi-media platform which allows users to do more at once. At the heart of the Intel G41 Express chipset is the Intel X4500 graphics media accelerator, which support DX10 and features several unique innovations including more Execution Units for enhanced 3D performance and Intel Clear Video Technology for sharper images and precise color control.
Intel®G41 + ICH7 Chipset
- Revolution energy saving design with Easy Energy Saver technology
- Supports 45nm Intel® Core™ 2 multi-core processors with FSB 1333 MHz
- Dual channel DDR2 1066(OC) for remarkable system performance
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 (DirectX 10)
- Features high speed Gigabit Ethernet.
- Home theater quality 8-channel High Definition Audio
- Integrated HDMI/ DVI interface for Full HD 1080 Blu-ray playback with HDCP
- Patented DualBIOS with dual hardware BIOS protection