“Environmentally Friendly” and “Green-wise”, probably weren’t your top concerns when building your dual video card, full towered space heating, monstrosity. Then you got your first power bill. Introducing NZXT’s new line-up of 80+ GOLD certified power supplies. 80plus.org is in the business of certifying the power efficiency and consistency of power supply units.
NZXT’s HALE 90 750watt Modular PSU
“NZXT introduces the 80+ gold certified HALE90 series built from the ground up specifically customized for gamers and enthusiasts and offers incredibly efficient operation that will meet the needs of even the most power hungry enthusiasts.”
Join us as we explore the HALE, we are going to compare it side by side with another power supply to see if all the “Green” hype makes a quantitative difference.
Here is the features list from NZXT’s Site
- 80+ Gold certified: The HALE 90 series from NZXT operates at ultra high efficiency, at 20%, 50% and 100% loads, efficiencies are 87%, 90%, and 87% respectively.
- Single140mm two ball-bearing fan operates with minimal noise even at full load. Maximum decibel levels are 20db for wattages between 550-750W and 30db for 850W and above.
- Strong Single Rail Design: A single +12V rail provides stability and ease of use making the most out of your power supply. Offers stable & clean current delivery under heavy load.
- Modular cable design: Modular cable design allows the user to pick and choose which cables they want to use, optimizing cable management and airflow inside the chassis. Flat cables allow for easier routing and bending inside the computer chassis during wire management.
- Hybrid LLC resonant Topology circuitry allows the HALE series to create highly efficient power supplies ranging from 550W-> 1000W.
- Full range Design from 100V – 250V with Active PFC.
- 100% Japanese Capacitors: High quality components for longer life time and better reliability.
- Latest CPU support for all the latest INTEL and AMD CPUs like Corei7, i5, AMD Phenom II X4, X3.
- Latest GPU support, ideal for latest DX11 GPUs and comes with 8pin and 8(6+2) pin PCI-E connectors.
- Large tower support: The Hale Series of power supplies have extended 8pin CPU connectors for wire management in large cases which have PSUs mounted at the bottom.
- Compliance with ATX 12V v2.2, EPS 12V v2.91, and SSI EPS 12V v2.92 Specifications.
- Environmentally Responsible: Consuming less than 1W during shut off status Complies with the newest EuP ( Energy-using Products) requirements and USA Energy star standards.
- Continuous Power: The HALE 90 series listed wattage is the continuous operating wattage.
- Keeping it safe: The HALE series offers over voltage, current, power, under voltage, and short circuit protection. The power supply will automatically shutdown to prevent any damage to your system or misuse.
- Warranty: 5 Years
This feature set is quite impressive, at first glance it looks like a remarkably comprehensive design. I took particular note of the long 8 pin chord with bottom mount psu cases in mind. This is a particular sore spot for most enthusiasts. In some cases the best cable management falls victim to short cables. According to this NZXT has come to the rescue.
Again it is hard to see what they could have left out. I’m very eager to see what this actually looks like.