- Heatsink Dimension: (L)146mm X (W)216.5mm X (H)160mm
- Heatsink Weight: 800 g(without fan)
- Suggested Fan: 120mm X 120mm X 25mm,140mm X 140mm X 25mm
- Heatpipe: 6mm X 6pcs
- Suggested Fan Speed: 800~1600 rpm
- CPU Platform: Intel Socket LGA 775/1366/1156/1155 , AMD Socket AM2/2+/3
A Closer Look
First off, this heatsink is huge. Prolimatech essentially combined a tower cooler and low profile cooler into one. It’s nearly an entire kilogram (800 grams to be precise) of aluminum dangling from your CPU socket. Once you attach fans to it, it can easily pass a kilo. So what does this mean to you? Two things really, the first is that without proper support, this much weight dangling from your CPU socket could cause problems. Fortunately the Genesis has a nice solid metal mounting system that holds it in tight and does a decent job of spreading the weight. It’s not as easy to mount as say a Thermaltake Frio, but the directions are clear enough that you shouldn’t have any issues.
The second thing is that all this aluminum means more surface area to dissipate heat more effectively. This means cooler temps and better overclocking.